Discussion topic: Keep getting the message Please wait for programme to load but nothing happens

This message was authored by Kathy601 This message was authored by: Kathy601

Keep getting the message Please wait for programme to load but nothing happens

Keep getting the message on Sky, Please wait for programme to load but nothing happens but all apps are working ok?

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Keep getting the message Please wait for programme to load but nothing happens

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Kathy601 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Keep getting the message Please wait for programme to load but nothing happens

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kathy601  I'm not sure why but I have been having the same issue over the last few days.  After waiting for a minute or so it either clears or I get the no network message.  The only solution I have found is to restart my puck (or Glass in your case).

Either unplug your TV for a minute and then plug it back in again or go to Settings > System Management > Resets & updates and select the Restart Device message.  It takes a couple of minutes to restart and will give you a blank screen for about 45 seconds before the Sky logo appears.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by rv291066 This message was authored by: rv291066

This is happening to me too.  Watch program from playlist and then cannot get back onto live tv.  Tried using the back button and also the home button but they just get back to the home screen..  When I get to the home screen I choose a program and get the black screen and after a while the tv goes back to the Home Screen.  This has been happening for the last 3 days now.  Only way out is go unplug from the mains and plug back in.  Nightmare!!!!!

This message was authored by Anders73 This message was authored by: Anders73

You'll need to report this to Sky themselves, rather than on this forum. Level 2 support are investigating this same issue for me. We counted 22 reboots yesterday throughout the day as it repeatedly froze when switching between playlist, live TV and on demand apps.

There appears to be a wider issue affecting mupltiple customers.

Sky Glass 43”
Sky stream - Sony OLED + soundbar
This message was authored by rv291066 This message was authored by: rv291066

Thank you... this solved my problem but only if you use the 'back' button to come out of apps. If you use the 'home' button it locks again

This message was authored by RuthieDMB This message was authored by: RuthieDMB

This has been happening to me for about a week now. After watching programmes from my playlist, no live channel will load. If I restart the device, it is fine, but I don't see this as an answer to the problem. It's very frustrating. 

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @RuthieDMB. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by RuthieDMB This message was authored by: RuthieDMB

Hi @Addie15  I thought I had responded by using the colourful button to repeat the issue. As far as I can tell, my message hasn't been answered. Of course, I may well have completely misunderstood the instructions, and I'm happy to be corrected if thats the case!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion