Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: No sky glass the sky glass does not switch on 2 days now

Unplug it from the mains, wait a few minutes, hold the power  button on the side in and plug  the tv back in keep holding  the power  button  for a minute  this should  get you back up and running 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Re: Sky Glass TV not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NigelS1969 and @Paulaitken,

Is this definitely a broadband issue or actually the Sky Glass/Stream outage that is widely reported?

Have you tried the recommended process for resetting your Glass?

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: No sky glass no tv for 3 days

Unplug  the tv from the mains, for a  few  minutes, then hold the power  button  in on the side at the same time  plug  the tv back in keep the power  button  pushed  in as you do this, hold it in for a  minute , this worked for me and I am back up and running 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No sky glass the sky glass does not switch on 2 days now

@zalenaharrowell 

I have merged your post into a large thread already discussing this issue. Please see post 2 currently showing as the answer and follow the relevant advice.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by NeilM46 This message was authored by: NeilM46

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I've managed to reboot the puck following the details given online but when asked to link my account online with the code at /activate I see an error message that I'm authenticated even when I'm logged into mysky. Anyone managed to resolve this? 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

@Mark39 wrote:

@HuwJames wrote:

No!  This doesn't work - pressing the reset button whilst switching on the power.  Nothing!

initially the white light comes on but then goes off!  Come on Sky!  This is now 3 days without tv!  What are you doing about it?  No updates!  Nothing!  Crap service!  Will be cancelling my Sky subscription.

Keep the Puck's power button pressed for longer. The process works, but sometimes the recovery process isn't initiated within the time specified by Sky. 

@HuwJames The instructions say to hold the standby button down until you see it flashing different colours. The 20 seconds is just an estimate for roughly how long that will take.

"3. Keeping your finger on the button, switch the power back on at the mains and wait until you see the LED lights flash different colours, (this could take 20 seconds) then remove your finger."

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Ando24 This message was authored by: Ando24

Still having issues?

None of the help working?

It does work but not quite as described...

- Unplug the TV

- Plug back in and hold the TV reset button until you get flashing red standby light

- Keep holding in (I ended up holding mine in for a minute)

- Press the home button once releasing the reset button

- Follow instructions on the screen for the update.

It said I had an issue in updating my software where it said "we need to contact you or you contact us", it also gave me an option to reboot, I selected reboot and now I am up and running again...

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

@HuwJames wrote:

No!  This doesn't work - pressing the reset button whilst switching on the power.  Nothing!

initially the white light comes on but then goes off!  Come on Sky!  This is now 3 days without tv!  What are you doing about it?  No updates!  Nothing!  Crap service!  Will be cancelling my Sky subscription.

@HuwJames When the white light goes off keep pressing the reset button it might be another 5-10 seconds until it starts flashing coloured lights. Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@NeilM46 wrote:

I've managed to reboot the puck following the details given online but when asked to link my account online with the code at /activate I see an error message that I'm authenticated even when I'm logged into mysky. Anyone managed to resolve this? 

@NeilM46 typically when I've seen other customers report that issue previously it's required them to phone Sky as it requires a backend team to fix it unfortunately.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Gillosmond6 This message was authored by: Gillosmond6

Re: My sky stream puck has not worked for 3 days . Reset several times as per instructions still not

Get to link account with a code but can't activate through my sky account 

This message was authored by Annie181 This message was authored by: Annie181

I’ve had no sky glass for 4 days, will not connect to broadband

Hello

olease any suggestions because I've tried to get through to customer service which is impossible been on hold hours these past few days. Not had sky glass for 4 days I rebooted the system with online instructions and now it wil not connect to broadband. Error message 'there is a problem connecting to broadband'. I have tried so many times never works them won't switch off unless it's from the mains. Why is it not connecting to broadband which is fine with any other devices it's connected to. Help please this is ridiculous 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Any ideas as to when the issue with sky glass will be sorted

@gazh425 wrote:
Any ideas as to when the issue with sky glass will be sorted

Hi @gazh425 Sky issued instructions for fixing the issue on Friday morning.  It has worked for many people (including me) but some others are still having issues.

There is a very comprehensive thread at THIS location.  Have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow the link to the next page and then select Glass or Stream and follow the recovery process.

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps.  If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds.  After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are asked to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Good luck 🤞

This message was authored by NeilM46 This message was authored by: NeilM46

Cannot link my account to sky stream puck

Hi

ive managed to reboot my puck using the details given online. I get through to the activate account screen where I'm asked to enter the code given online, but when I visit the url given it displays an error message. I spoke to sky yesterday after 1h 45 on hold and they said there was no solution to this until it is fixed. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to fix?

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1147.png

This message was authored by Jimbob5 This message was authored by: Jimbob5

Sky glass

When are sky going to replace my glass tv as this one stopped working on the 19th 

Re: Cannot link my account to sky stream puck

@NeilM46 This seems to be an area causing a lot of frustration.  The only thing I can suggest is to be 100% sure you are signed into your My Sky account before going to the activation page or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion