Discussion topic: I have had sky glass for 2 months. It keeps pixelating. 4 screens all pixilated

This message was authored by Ria+0202 This message was authored by: Ria+0202

I have had sky glass for 2 months. It keeps pixelating. 4 screens all pixilated

 so my screen keeps doing this... showing 4 screens all pixilated but the dialogue still continues. And after a few minutes it will then go to a blank blue screen. This is happening several times a day! What is going on? I keep having to unplug it and start again. But within 20 minutes this starts happening again. 

A5E54303-C8FB-4729-A06A-4EF02289376E.jpeg

ADC848DF-0C92-4B49-B926-723C4A684DE2.jpeg

EB887B90-25FC-4932-B190-9DCBCD8BE77D.jpeg

7A3F64A3-E044-4B52-A69E-A77079E14BD4.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I have had sky glass for 2 months. It keeps pixelating. 4 screens all pixilated

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ria+0202 if the TV is connected by wifi the signal is not sufficently regular and the unit is struggling.  If that applues you may nedd to improve the wifi in your home or use an ethernet cable if you can.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: I have had sky glass for 2 months. It keeps pixelating. 4 screens all pixilated

@Ria+0202 I can add a practical experience to the explanation given by @Chrisee. I have always had a good stable picture on my Sky Glass with no stuttering, freezing or pixelation.

However a couple of evenings ago I started to experience all of these problems so I checked the speed that my internet was receiving from the router using the Netflix speed test. I normally get about 470mbps but when I checked it it had dropped to just 6mbps.  I did the usual reboot of glass then I rebooted the router but there was no improvement.  A little later in the evening the problems seemed to simply disappear and on checking my speed again it had increased to 45mbps and was back to 450mbps a couple of hours later. The next day I found out my ISP had had a glitch so at least the problem wasn't at my end 😀)

My point is as soon as my speed dropped to below the original recommended speeds for Glass all the problems started but as soon as the speed increased again they disappeared.  I imagine Sky increased the recommended speeds as too many people had borderline speed resulting in poor performance.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

My beef with Sky @Fothergill1 is they talk about connection speed rather than the speed and stability of the feed at the puck or TV. You can have plenty of bandwidth at the router but still have all sorts of issues with the streams breaking up etc. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Chrisee I'm sure there are many people receiving very low speeds at their device despite thinking there speed it much higher.

You often see comments on the forum where people say it can't be my wi-fi as I have superfast broadband but as you point out and as I experienced is my example above this is no guarantee of what is being received or the stability at the Glass or Stream devices.

This message was authored by BA11970 This message was authored by: BA11970

I've started having the same problems. I'm connected via Ethernet cable. Pulling around 400mbps. I've done all the usual, rebooting the router and sky glass, still keeps happening.

@BA11970  This is an old forum thread that has not been posted to for a number of months. The issue of pixelation is still ongoing for some subscribers as shown in THIS  comprehensive thread.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion