Discussion topic: Free view channels

This message was authored by Woodybrook This message was authored by: Woodybrook

Free view channels

Our internet is down & can't get an engineer until Saturday. I've bought an indoor aerial for terrestrial channels. Does anyone no how to scan glass for channels??

Best Answers
This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900 Answer

Re: Free view channels

I've retuned freeview several times in the 20 months I've had Sky Glass. With no network connection and freeview open pressing the right side of the circular button opens a settings menu where one of the options is a retune.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Woodybrook  It can only be scanned as part of the initial setup and not retrospectively 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Woodybrook
Topic Author
This message was authored by Woodybrook This message was authored by: Woodybrook

@SKY1992bf cheers for that mate👍🏻

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Woodybrook  It can only be scanned as part of the initial setup and not retrospectively 

The network connection on the Glass set must be switched off before a terrestrial television option will appear (just having broadband not working isn't enough if the router is still active)

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-input-app-on-sky-glass 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Can u not use your mobile as a hotspot so u can still use the TV

This message was authored by mike900 This message was authored by: mike900 Answer

I've retuned freeview several times in the 20 months I've had Sky Glass. With no network connection and freeview open pressing the right side of the circular button opens a settings menu where one of the options is a retune.

Woodybrook
Topic Author

@mike900 @OneOfThePeople @TimmyBGood . Thanks for your reply's. I'm gonna try each one,Although @OneOfThePeople I am not sure how to do your suggestion ,I can't seem to get to a network screen where I can hotspot my phone. 

This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

Thankfully I've never had to use my phone as a hotspot - But I'm guessing it should appear as an option when you search for a Wi-Fi device 

Worst case you might need to delete your 'saved' Wi-Fi network and then research for your hotspot

If this info isn't correct then hopefully someone can update with correct steps

Good luck

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion