Discussion topic: Faulty Remote Control

This message was authored by alidev This message was authored by: alidev

Faulty Remote Control

Hi 

I've had Sky Glass for 6 weeks and now my remote has stopped working. I've unplugged the tv, reset it and also reconnected the remote to it but no matter what button I press I just keep getting Search/Audio Output/Viewing Mode. The voice command does work however so at least we can watch something as this is the only TV we have in the house.! The volume buttons also work. 

I've spoken to Customer services and they are sending out a new handset but they currently ha e a 48hr wait for delivery which suggests this could be a common problem. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Faulty Remote Control

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @alidev 

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is if you use the search function on the forum you will see that it is littered with posts about faulty remotes. It's clamed down compared to a few months ago, but there was a bad batch.

Sky created this online form as a result of the number of people having issues: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

The 48h isn't a wait, it's the time it takes to process the order and ship with royal mail.

Hopefully once you get a good remote you won't have issues. I'm on my original Glass and 4 puck remotes from 2 and a half years ago!

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @alidev 

Short answer is yes. Longer answer is if you use the search function on the forum you will see that it is littered with posts about faulty remotes. It's clamed down compared to a few months ago, but there was a bad batch.

Sky created this online form as a result of the number of people having issues: https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

The 48h isn't a wait, it's the time it takes to process the order and ship with royal mail.

Hopefully once you get a good remote you won't have issues. I'm on my original Glass and 4 puck remotes from 2 and a half years ago!

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Marky669 This message was authored by: Marky669

My Sky Q remote for the mini box upstairs just stopped working for half the buttons - the 5 would not register, then I realised the central 'select' button would not work, then the on/off/standby button wouldn't work.

I've tried disconnecting and rebooting the mini box.  I've tried doing the press  7 and 9 on the remote until it flashes 4 times, then pressed 1 and 3 to re-pair the remote, but the onscreen instructions get me to the re-pair with TV screen for volume etc, but you need to press 'select' on the 'continue' box to go any further, but the remote's central 'select' button is still not working so I cannot 'continue'. So am stuck with a partially functioning remote with no 'select' function which makes it pretty useless.

It's all very frustrating.

[As an aside, anyone else think this Sky Q remote design is very poor?  Before I changed up from Sky+ to Sky Q, I was very happy with the Sky+ functionality and the remote was easy to use by touch/feel even in the dark when you wake up in the middle of the night or are watching cinema-style in the dark . Wheras the new Sky Q remote is hopeless in the dark as the buttons are all so similar and impossible to distinguish by feel alone compared to the design of the Sky + remote. It's really annoying watching a film, for example, at night, dark cinema-style and having to keep putting the light on each time you need to use the remote. I cannot even tell if it is wrong way round in the dark as it is a uniform shape, rather than tapered like the Sky+ remote.  Very poorly thought out ergonomics from the Sky Q design team, I think.]

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion