Discussion topic: F1 Availability Awful

This message was authored by TangoSquared This message was authored by: TangoSquared

F1 Availability Awful

I cannot believe that once again Sky are getting things so wrong. Trying to watch the Monaco F1 on a slight delay and because Sky have decided to put it on Main Event as well as F1 channel, the red flag means the main event has now become football midway into the race and I cannot carry on watching. Sort it out Sky, getting rid of the ability to physically record something was an awful decision as you cannot get streaming right!!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by dezzie81 This message was authored by: dezzie81

Re: F1 Availability Awful

Experienced exactly the same - missed about 20 laps!

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TangoSquared @dezzie81  The lesson is to always set the playlist from the sports main channel not main event that way you won't miss anything when main event switches sports 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by dezzie81 This message was authored by: dezzie81

I wondered if I did that but checked and I haven't. Even from the F1 channel, selecting 'watch from start' switches to main event. (And then ends when it goes to the football)

This message was authored by wez1979 This message was authored by: wez1979

Thinking of going to virgin now, last season we lost the end of pretty much all the red flagged races coz the schedule over ran. And now this, 4 laps and then it moves to sky sports. Coz yet again 22 men chasing a bloody leather ball takes priority and then we we do get to watch from the. Exr show in the playlist. It's starts from lap 56, what a bloody joke sky are becoming, over prices TVs that are crap. And an over proved TV service with is equally as crap. And if you want to go back to sky q, they wanna charge you....clowns...

This message was authored by wez1979 This message was authored by: wez1979

I'm thinking of going to virgin. This sky stream service is as good as quite from Martin "useful as a chocolate fire guard", it's bloody shocking, last season I swear we lost the end of most the red flagged races. And now this. An hour on main event?? What the hell, then in my play list the next episode starts from lap 56, so I miss lap 5 to 55, why do I pay these clowns for a service that is crap, and for a TV to Mach the service, shocking...

This message was authored by Bainzy This message was authored by: Bainzy

I can't even watch it back forced to watch the highlights on more 4 so what do I pay for ?

This message was authored by RMB5 This message was authored by: RMB5

Not just the main event chanel! I recorded the race on the F1 Chanel and lost the last 8 laps. Don't even get me started about the delayed  Indy 500, the recording cut out on lap 60! 

TangoSquared
Topic Author
This message was authored by TangoSquared This message was authored by: TangoSquared

I have set the main F1 channel as the playlist and that still didn't work. Rang sky yesterday as so sick of glass and they offered to switch me back to Q for free, making my glass TV a very expensive box. Shocking

This message was authored by DanielKoczka This message was authored by: DanielKoczka

I can't watch the F1 Monaco Grand Prix at all as the recording ends after 1hr (around lap 4) ... I was struggling with this for a while then opted to watch on Channel 4. Very annoying

This message was authored by Helénas_world This message was authored by: Helénas_world

Try watching the Monaco F1 highlights! You get the Indy 500. So I've completely missed it. This is not the first time. I had the main race on record, but it didn't record. How much we pay for this, they need to be 100% right!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion