Discussion topic: Discovery plus app isn't working

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

Re: Discovery plus app isn't working

I just went on discovery plus website and pressed help and just did a live chat from there 

This message was authored by Tygerjak This message was authored by: Tygerjak

I am having exactly the same problem that lots of people seem to be having access to Discovery+ content, I go on the app and it says I am signed in but I cannot access most of the free sports content on there. First answer on their chat kline was that they could find me having a SkyGlass account, when I say that I heve they suggest gaining access to Discovery+ by clicking on TNT sports on the TV guide and then clicking option to access Discovery+, there is no such option!!! I am beginning to wonder whether the free access that I have taken up actually gives no access at all because having explained that I was signed in to my SkyGlass acount at that time they suggested me paying £9.99 direct to them to get the app and access it, Really do think the level of help offered by both Sky and Discoery+ is reall appalling maybe a Sky employee could try sorting out my problem rather than their help site merely suggesting that I might have a problem with my broadband, (which is provided by Sky and is working oerfectly!), and then terminating the chat when I clicking on the answer did not help button which just led to the same reply being repeated "ad nauseu"

This message was authored by Doonie This message was authored by: Doonie

@Tygerjak 

I haven't been on here for a few days, awaiting Sky to sort this out as stated earlier in the chat, but got fed up of waiting as one of my favourite sports is TNT this fortnight. I got onto Discovery plus again, explained everything only to be told according to Sky,on their records, I'm not eligible for Discovery plus, even though I pay top wack plus TNT. I was talking to a chap called Ronnie. I explained that a guy on this chat line had spoken to Discovery & had been given a months free access to the channel while Sky sort it. Ronnie went away to talk to his bosses, & Yeah, hey presto, I now have Discovery plus for one month free. I hope everyone reads this who are having this problem & bombard Discovery with requests to get free screenings & maybe, just maybe Discovery will get hacked off with it & get Sky to sort it. Never fear, I'm not letting it rest, I'm going to keep on at Sky as they should be doing something about it, or at least communicating with us. Happy days

t

This message was authored by Tim103 This message was authored by: Tim103

Hi 

just tried my daily chance of the discovery+ app working on my sky glass expecting the same not working but to my amazement it's working 

happy days 

This message was authored by Tracey1978 This message was authored by: Tracey1978

I tried it earlier today and was working again also but It did that a couple of weeks ago and then it stopped again so fingers crossed that it fixed 

This message was authored by Indiekat This message was authored by: Indiekat

Well disappointment after being hopeful as although I had to log in again and all seemed ok still unable to actually watch anything without being asked to "upgrade to watch" still!

anyone from Sky able to comment on a resolution timeframe as this is getting ridiculous now. 

This message was authored by Henryb15 This message was authored by: Henryb15

After speaking to both sky and discovery multiple times going round and round. I was told that basically the two accounts were no longer linked. The person at sky has now filled in a form to the back office to reactivate the subscription which should happen within 2 working days so fingers crossed that a solution.

I think I've fixed the issue myself.

2 email addresses 1 connected to discovery, 1 connected to sky account.

signed out of the app on TV, close app, open app, selected get discovery or whatever it is rather than sign in,  signed into sky account using sky details, then follow instructions to sign into discovery using that account detail and hey presto I can watch programmes again.

hope this works for others. 

Johni33
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johni33 This message was authored by: Johni33

That's not the issue I'm experiencing, the discovery+ app on sky glass never starts, I just get a screen saying reload the app but that doesn't work.

I've tried all the usual advice, power cycled, refresh apps etc.

Signing in to discovery on my phone shows the sky account is linked but it doesn't work on sky glass.

I've had to pay to subscribe to discovery separately to watch the programmes we want.

No resolution from sky or discovery yet.

Getting to the point I'm going to return the TV as faulty.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sky glass so must be different root cause then

This message was authored by Tim103 This message was authored by: Tim103

I'm sky glass and had exactly the same issue as you 

about 4 weeks ago stopped working but yesterday it has started working again 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Chsndos This message was authored by: Chsndos

After months of no Discocery+ threw Sky, ( I was able to connect with a free pass from Discovery+)

my Discovery+ started working. I wanted to watch something on Discovery+,  when I switched it on, it asked me to sign in. I thought here we go,again, however I did notice that screen said you are able to get this channel through Sky, and I followed the instructions and it worked.

so hopefully that solves the issue 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chsndos Either Sky or Discovery + have hopefully found a permanent fix for the issue as I have seen a number of posts over the last couple of days from subscribers saying they are now able to log-in and watch Discovery + 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Shona1964 This message was authored by: Shona1964

Just tried mine and shock its still not working 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chsndos  Just a thought have you received had the lastest software update (QS028.516.00P) which started rolling out a few days ago?

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion