Discussion topic: Discovery plus app isn't working

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

Re: Discovery plus app isn't working

I got incontact with discovery plus live chat and the chap did a few things to my account and then it was back up and running 

This message was authored by Helan This message was authored by: Helan

I've also got in contact with Discovery+ live chat. They are looking into my query still but in the meantime have added a months membership to my account 

This message was authored by Tracey1978 This message was authored by: Tracey1978

No mines still down even recordings prior the issue no longer play either been almost 2 weeks 

This message was authored by Mistressd This message was authored by: Mistressd

I spoke to Sky today, they have said Discovery+ techs are working on the problem, but they don't know how long it will be before it is fixed. It is just a wait and see as to when it gets sorted out.

This message was authored by Jhill58 This message was authored by: Jhill58

topic: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE

I am unable to watch anything that I normally watch like ghost adventures, expedition unknown etc just basic programmes, 

My account is already activated and I have signed out and re-activated the account I have even cancelled discovery+ and set up a new account and still cannot watch anything.  Just get message please Upgrade content not available with current pass from affiliated provider.

This has been going on for over a week now.  Can someone at sky please sort the issue.

This message was authored by LesleyAA This message was authored by: LesleyAA

Re: Discovery + not working on Sky glass

So annoying having to keep refreshing the tv when something doesnt work, takes ages to put all the other apps back on!!!

This message was authored by Amandamiles This message was authored by: Amandamiles

Ours still isn't working.  I think it's been 2 or 3 weeks now.  We watch a lot of discovery plus and it's really annoying and frustrating.   I know we don't have to pay extra for this but it's a service that comes with Sky and as a customer it really should be! And really should of been sorted out by now.   Maybe Sky could compensate us a little with a free premier movie of our choice from Sky store!!! 😜♥️♥️♥️

For those who still can't get discovery plus.. I suggest you get in touch with Discovery plus  online chat.. go through the things with the robot and say No it didn't help.. then it will put you through to someone to chat to online.. they will try to fix it, but if they can't they will give you a one month vip membership for free... if they don't offer ask for it.

Next month I am going to do that again, and hopefully will be able to get another free month, and keep doing so until it is fixed.

This message was authored by Chsndos This message was authored by: Chsndos

Yes I have contacted Discovery direct, and for the last 5 months they have kept giving me a free pass until the issue is resolved. I now have a pass until the end of June.  Would be far simpler for them and Sky to get there heads together and solve the issue 

This message was authored by Carols1 This message was authored by: Carols1

I did the thing for my mum on Sunday on someone else's advice and spoke direct with Discovery +.  They said it's Sky's issue and not theirs but did give me the one month free so we could watch something and said to do that again if not fixed in a month.  The fact that they can do that and it works makes me think it's Discovery + end as no problem once got that.  Also if they can do it for a month why not just be able to put it on permanently to save people keep having to do it every month.  Just doesn't make sense.

I then rang Sky to see if it had been sorted and the guy I spoke to said they don't look at the forum and not enough people have complained about it in person for them to act on it and get it fixed.  This is also bad as if they look at forums they would see problems and should sort them out.  We pay enough for these subscriptions - they really should be sorting these things out.  Anyway we will see what happens.

This message was authored by Cooperydan This message was authored by: Cooperydan

How are people contacting them? The best I can find is sending an email 

This message was authored by robbo19731 This message was authored by: robbo19731

Live chat that's how I did it 

Go to live chat, you will get a robot at first.. then when the robot asks if the problem was resolved click NO.. that will then put you through to a person.

This message was authored by Jhill58 This message was authored by: Jhill58

Yes it 15th May and I'm still unable to watch discovery+ I can get into it but as soon a I click on a programme it bring up the same message upgrade not available with current pass from affiliated provider 

This message was authored by Tonie This message was authored by: Tonie

Re: Discovery plus want load

I'm having the same problems! Turned it off, did the app refresh etc. it's obviously a glass issue because my tv upstairs is fine

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion