Discussion topic: DISCOVERY + not working on Glass or App.

This message was authored by Moelgilau This message was authored by: Moelgilau

DISCOVERY + not working on Glass or App.

I cannot load any content on my phone or Glass since swapping over from Sky Q. I can log in but it states that I need to ' contact my provider unordered to watch' How do I get this sorted?

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: DISCOVERY + not working on Glass or App.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to reactivate your subscription and relink it to Sky. This is because the Sky Q account and your Sky Streaming account are different and your Sky Q account gets cancelled when you switch over to the Sky streaming platform.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

You need to reactivate your subscription and relink it to Sky. This is because the Sky Q account and your Sky Streaming account are different and your Sky Q account gets cancelled when you switch over to the Sky streaming platform.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Moelgilau 

When you move from Sky Q it will have cancelled the discovery plus subscription linked to your account. You need to resubscribe via Sky Marketplace as outlined here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Brownowl999 This message was authored by: Brownowl999

You cannot link it, sky botched it and it doesn't work this in September and still not working, absolutely useless and sky employee I spoke  to just said we are working on it  and when I asked how long , he was extremely rude , arrogant and downright useless, appalling service

This message was authored by taximan46 This message was authored by: taximan46

I have the same problem, having just switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass. I went into my Sky Shop and confirmed my Discovery+/Sky Offer. I then signed into my Discovery+ account and it will not let me watch anything, unless I pay a subscription.

I have had the same problem since I switched from Sky HD+ to Sky Q, two years ago. When I had Sky HD+ it worked fine, but since then all Discovery+ want is money.

I have spoken to Sky and Discovery+ and I keep being told there is a problem. Well surely this should have been sorted by now? If it doesn't work, then they shouldn't be advertising it.

Does anyone on here have Discovery+ working on Sky Glass for free?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @taximan46 When moving from Sky Q to Glass/Stream all your Marketplace subscriptions are cancelled so you have to re-register (see the following link):

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-upgrade

You should be able to re-register as follows:

Go to the bottom of the home page and select the following in this order: MySky / your products / (enter your PIN) / App Subscriptions

Select App subscriptions / Current / and then Discovery + Monthly.  Hopefully it will say £0 per month whilst you have a Sky TV subscription.  If so select Activate subscription.

Also, see the following link: 

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Hi Fothergill1, thank you for that. Discovery+ has been activated and is showing in My App subscriptions as £0 a month. The next bit is the problem, when I log into my Discovery+ account with my e-mail and password, the Sky bit isn't showing up and I keep getting asked to pay for a subscription.

IMG_0373.jpeg

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@taximan46  I was helping someone else earlier today who had the same issue as you but with Paramount +.  They found the Paramount + option at £0 cost in the Sky Shop.  I suspect you will find that the Discovery + option will also be there.  Have a look (it's the button next to "Your Products" at the bottom of the home screen. 🤞

@Fothergill1 if you look at my picture above, it clearly shows I have have activated Discovery+ in my Sky Shop. When I bring up the Discovery+ app on my tv, I sign in with my Discovery'+ account and type in the activation code. However, it still says I have to buy a pass to watch??? This is driving me bonkers now. I have spoken to Sky and Discovery+ customer services at great length and they don't have a clue! Help please!!

@taximan46  When you post pictures initially they do not show up to other forum users  (although you can see them) until they have been vetted by a moderator so at the time I posted I had not seen your photo (it's visible to all now).

Unfortunately I don't know what else to suggest as you have already discussed the issue with both Sky and Discovery.  Other than having to sign back in whenever Discovery update the app I have not personally had any issues with it.

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you.

Good luck 🤞

@Fothergill1 Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, I didn't know about the picture policy. I've just spoken to a lovely lady at Discovery+ customer services and between us we have sorted the problem out. It turns out, I made a typo error, with my e-mail address, over two years ago, when I originally applied for 'Discovery+ on Sky' on my Sky HD+ box and I didn't realise. This explains why I've been unable to watch Duscovery+ for over 2 years, since changing to Sky Q and recently to Sky Glass. Thank you so much for your help.

@taximan46  All's well that ends well even if it has given you high blood pressure from time to time. 👍😀

This message was authored by Brownowl999 This message was authored by: Brownowl999

I've had exactly the same experience and we had our glass installed in July, it really isn't good enough

@Brownowl999  Have you followed the advice given in post 6 above and also other posts in this thread?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion