Discussion topic: Sky Glass not connecting to the network - Everything else is.

This message was authored by Villordsutch This message was authored by: Villordsutch

Sky Glass not connecting to the network - Everything else is.

Can anyone possibly help me with my Sky Glass issue? 

Since yesterday it's not connected to the network so I've not been able to watch television.   I thought it was something to do with the engineers, on the mast outside,, so I let it go. 

However, coming home tonight and the Glass is definitely not connecting to the network.  Neither wired to the router wired or by WiFi.  

Everything else in the house is fine.  I'm 9n my phone.  I can fire up my pc.  The youngest is currently playing Fortnite on the PlayStation.  Just the Sky Glass won't find the network.

I've followed the on screen instructions for WiFi (WPS button), it tries to connect, but tells me it can connect to the router.

I've no idea how to fix it.

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Glass not connecting to the network - Everything else is.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Villordsutch 

Try powering your glass off for 10 minutes at the mains and try again. If that doesn't work try resetting your network connection as per the instructions here: 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-no-internet-connection-osm

And then reconnecting to your WiFi. Also when you plugged the ethernet cable in, did you turn off WiFi in the settings? Glass has a weird habit and will continue to try to use WiFi unless switched off even with a cable connected.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Villordsutch
Topic Author
This message was authored by Villordsutch This message was authored by: Villordsutch

Unfortunately I turn my Glass off at the wall every night. It's a habit I've carried over since my old fire training days.  Practically nothing is left switched on. 

The ethernet cable isn't unplugged either, I've always ran it from that ☹️

So when it didn't work I thought, it was due to the workmen outside the other day.  However, the Glass isn't even finding the router via WiFi.  Though everything else is. 

It's very weird.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Villordsutch  Try the following to see if it helps.

Go into the settings  Start up & standby menu and make sure that the option for "Networked standby mode" to ON.  This will stop the TV losing the network connection when it is is standby. I appreciate it is a habit but do not turn off your Glass TV at the wall let it go into standby instead.

When you take the Glass out of standby it should still be connected to the network.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion