Discussion topic: Constant connectivity loss

This message was authored by jecsouthwark This message was authored by: jecsouthwark

Constant connectivity loss

Since I have got my Large Glass I have experienced constant issues with WiFi connectivity. For example tonight I switched on, got the blue screen of no connectivity. Tried the quick reset on this screen, no network connection found. So did the full network reset , found my home network , went though the scroller putting in the password ( anyone know why on initial set up you get a proper keyboard to navigate yet after that you get a stupid scrolly wheel?) ....hit enter and doesn't like the password. Tried it again didn't like the password. Started to call sky , and about 1 minute into the hold music all of a sudden glass decided that it had saved the network afterall and jumped into life with a Barbie advert I didn't press a thing , it went from the network password entry screen to that all on its own ( remeber I had previously reset the network which supposedly deletes the old network settings ) That was just one example , I would say WiFi drops out two or three times a week. I have numerous conversations with Sky, the device has been factory reset on their advice more times in the last few months than we have had prime ministers in last 5 years! Bear in mind I run a software company so we have an extremely stable and strong WiFi network ( 98% signal strength on a 5GHZ channel with 99% on a 2.5 GHz back up channel when I just measured it next to the glass. A full EERO mesh network. All standby and sleep options disabled on the Glass. It and sky puck are the only devices in the property that ever have an issue with connectivity so I am pretty sure it's a sky issue and a hardware issue. Anyone else facing similar issues with glass losing WiFi regularly ? Any hot tips of changes to overcome ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion