Discussion topic: Connecting Sony Soundbar and Subwoofer

This message was authored by Rich+T67 This message was authored by: Rich+T67

Connecting Sony Soundbar and Subwoofer

At the rear of the TV I tried to fit the HDMI lead into number 2 slot, but the plasticky cover is out of line with the plug in so can't fit, looks real bad quality at the back and thinking of a full refund if I can't get this working. The TV was £1,200 and the Sony system £400 so need some help

please 

Best Answers
Rich+T67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rich+T67 This message was authored by: Rich+T67 Answer

Re: Connecting Sony Soundbar and Subwoofer

Ok. It's just the HDMI line up at the back is out of line preventing the push in if the plugs, I got 1 in but not the second one. Looks really poor quality to be honest.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rich+T67 

If the manufacturing on the set you've received was defective then you should insist on a swap out or cancellation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rich+T67 wrote:

The TV was £1,200 and the Sony system £400 so need some help

please 

Perhaps look at other television hardware to use with a Stream puck: the Glass sets are the only ones you'll find being sold at release prices nearly three years later.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Rich+T67 how long have you had the TV, if more than 31 days Sky will allow you to replace it ... refund unlikely🤔

Exiled in HH
Rich+T67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rich+T67 This message was authored by: Rich+T67 Answer

Ok. It's just the HDMI line up at the back is out of line preventing the push in if the plugs, I got 1 in but not the second one. Looks really poor quality to be honest.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Hopefully you've noticed within the cool off period🙁

Exiled in HH
Rich+T67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rich+T67 This message was authored by: Rich+T67

I think we have had it since October, does that make a difference?

This message was authored by MisterM18 This message was authored by: MisterM18

If "the plasticky cover is out of line", can @Rich+T67 not claim under the warranty. Sky Glass TV's come with a two year warranty don't they? or at least that's what I was told when I ordered mine.

===========================================

65" Sky Glass in Anthracite & 145 Mbps Ultrafast Broadband

@Rich+T67 wrote:

I think we have had it since October, does that make a difference?

You can't get a refund only a replacement ... it will not be new but match the used age of your Glass TV🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion