Discussion topic: Cancel entertainment package on sky glass

This message was authored by Sara00001 This message was authored by: Sara00001

Cancel entertainment package on sky glass

Am I able to cancel my entertainment package on sky glass, but keep the TV and apps like netflix, YouTube, iPlayer etc. The entertainment package isn't watched so it's seems a waste of money.

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Cancel entertainment package on sky glass

@Sara00001 wrote:
Am I able to cancel my entertainment package on sky glass, but keep the TV and apps like netflix, YouTube, iPlayer etc. The entertainment package isn't watched so it's seems a waste of money.

Yes. You must continue to pay for the TV itself (if you are paying in instalments) but you can cancel the streaming TV subscription. 
Even people who signed up to an 18 month minimum term for their streaming services have been allowed by Sky to cancel without penalty. It's something to do with a law regarding streaming services which aren't fully paid for up front (which a Sky streaming subscription isn't.) 

You can find out about how Glass will function without a subscription here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-without-a-subscription 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Cancel entertainment package on sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you cancel the apps will remain on the tv and sky will send out a new remote (pic below)

unfortunatley you will lose the tv guide as is.

you will still be able to access a tv guide for freeview channels but only if you cut the internet connection to the tv and have an external aerial plugged in 

IMG_6902.jpeg

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion