Discussion topic: Can’t get sky glass to connect

This message was authored by AndyMason This message was authored by: AndyMason

Can’t get sky glass to connect

Sky glass delivered yesterday. Have spent a day trying to connect it and it keeps coming up welcome Daniel Beven !!. Have gone through everything and said it's not me. Have put in the 6 digit code and it keeps telling me to try again later !!. So basically, I can't connect to Sky on the glass and can't link it to my account. It would seem I've got someone else's Sky glass !! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Can’t get sky glass to connect

Have you phoned Sky to report the issue?

Strange the TV was already activated .... is it a replacement TV?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You need to contact  sky a s a p if you have someone  else's  sky glass  tv 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@peter-marlow+1966 wrote:

You need to contact  sky a s a p if you have someone  else's  sky glass  tv 

Do Sky activate TVs with customer details before despatch🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MisterM18 This message was authored by: MisterM18

@AndyMason wrote:

Sky glass delivered yesterday. Have spent a day trying to connect it and it keeps coming up welcome Daniel Beven !!. Have gone through everything and said it's not me. Have put in the 6 digit code and it keeps telling me to try again later !!. So basically, I can't connect to Sky on the glass and can't link it to my account. It would seem I've got someone else's Sky glass !! 

@AndyMasonNot that it should make any difference but was your Sky Glass TV purchased brand new or was it a refurbished set? Have you tried doing a Factory Reset or can't you even access that in Settings?

===========================================

65" Sky Glass in Anthracite & 145 Mbps Ultrafast Broadband
AndyMason
Topic Author
This message was authored by AndyMason This message was authored by: AndyMason

This was a replacement tv, my original one did come sort of pre-programmed if that's the right terminology but I have spoken to Sky and they have said it is possible that it's been to someone else and it's not been reset. I'm now just hoping it was returned because the last person just didn't like it and not because the tv was faulty.

my last one was returned because of speaker issues vibrating in the sound bar. Couldn't watch anything without it rattling !!. 
now been told it can take up to 72 hours to resolve, Sky will get back in touch and there will be compensation for the lost days.

This message was authored by MisterM18 This message was authored by: MisterM18

@AndyMason  Was the 1st Glass TV that you got and then sent back a brand new or a refurbished set?

If you originally paid for a brand new set and have subsequently received a 2nd hand replacement set because the 1st set was faulty then I would be asking Sky to take the 2nd set back and provide you with a brand new one.

===========================================

65" Sky Glass in Anthracite & 145 Mbps Ultrafast Broadband

You'd only get a brand new TV if the issue was reported immediately🤔

Otherwise you'd get a refurb of comparable age😉 

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion