Discussion topic: Build QS018.010.00P

This message was authored by Kev300 This message was authored by: Kev300

Build QS018.010.00P

Sky Glass has been working fine for weeks. But this afternoon June 16th I got the dreaded blue screen and it has been the same all evening on every channel. 

I have tried turning off the power and unplugging the TV several times and this did not fix the issue. 

Apps play fine so there is no problem with the Internet.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Build QS018.010.00P

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello!

Just hopping on here to let you know we're aware of Blue Screen issues for customers who were rolled back to R17 from R18, this was resolved by rebooting your equipment.

From early morning tomorrow R18.10 will be rolled out to all customers and to ensure we aren't experiencing this Blue Screen of doom again, we'll be force rebooting all Sky Glass TVs. Between 1-3am we'll perform a maintenance reboot, R18.10 will download and between 4-5am the second reboot will happen.

We know we will have Glass customers who power their TVs off at the mains at night, this means the relevant reboots won't reach your TV. Please reboot your TV and ensure it's on the most recent software, R18.10.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kev300 this fault was reported earlier in the day and Sky tell us they are investigating the cause why a few Glass sets are doing this

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

This has to stop, doesn't it 🤔

Rollout software to enhance on the previous faulty rollout only to introduce new bugs. So rollback to the previous faulty software to reintroduce the bugs the new rollout should radicate only to rollout a revised rollout to introduce further new bugs!

I mean, madness surely?

The problem is in all recent releases there isn't a stable software to say OK keep this, freeze all future rollouts until we are 100% confident in the next release.

Working in the dark, rollout, rollback try again in a panic it seems whilst all the while the paying customer lives with it. Why? I just don't understand the loyalty to this unstable product.

If Sky is your desire get Q or even Now at least these platforms are stable.

Nearly two years in 🫣. As these infuriating sayings go, "Park it and we'll revisit it later". 🙄

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Chrisee wrote:

@Kev300 this fault was reported earlier in the day and Sky tell us they are investigating the cause why a few Glass sets are doing this

It seems strange how an update experience differs so wildly between users.  I don't know how widespread this new issue is but since I got the QS018.010.00p update my Glass has been rock solid. Let's hope Sky find a quick solution for those effected 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Fothergill1 

After the update yesterday my glass was ok for a few hours then yesterday evening I got an error I haven't seen before - something about current technical issues ...... I couldn't access anything 

quick reboot seems to have resolved it 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Makes me think sky should force a reboot after each update - like a windows update restart ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jporch316 wrote:

Makes me think sky should force a reboot after each update - like a windows update restart ......

@Jporch316 That would be a pretty good idea.  I reboot as a matter of course when I spot I have been updated.

I have mentioned before that I tend to switch off at the wall occasionally when I go out and then back on again when I get home.  This is of course nothing more than a reboot but it is done at my convenience and not when the system crashes.  I find it keeps my system more stable.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Miklos This message was authored by: Miklos

I agree, that would be a great idea, especially if it would alert the user in a dialog displayed on screen, that overnight (during idle) a new firmware update has been released and a reboot is advisable.

In case the reboot cannot be built in into the firmware update process, a new feature/option should be added to the settings menu "Resets & updates" Under the "Factory reset" option like

Reboot -> Reboot now

Recommended action after a new firmware update - with a similar info text below...

55" Sky Glass Anthracite (Ethernet) • Sky Live (VC100-ant) • Whole Home pack with 1 SKY Stream Puck (WiFi)
512Mbit FTTP Internet (Fibrenest)
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello!

Just hopping on here to let you know we're aware of Blue Screen issues for customers who were rolled back to R17 from R18, this was resolved by rebooting your equipment.

From early morning tomorrow R18.10 will be rolled out to all customers and to ensure we aren't experiencing this Blue Screen of doom again, we'll be force rebooting all Sky Glass TVs. Between 1-3am we'll perform a maintenance reboot, R18.10 will download and between 4-5am the second reboot will happen.

We know we will have Glass customers who power their TVs off at the mains at night, this means the relevant reboots won't reach your TV. Please reboot your TV and ensure it's on the most recent software, R18.10.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

A maintenance reboot?!? How exciting! 

Good luck everyone. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@SlenderRobert wrote:

A maintenance reboot?!? How exciting! 

Good luck everyone. 

You took the words out of my mouth 🙂

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

All 4 of my pucks updated to QS018.009 overnight. I also noticed the Entertainment OS is 1.2, or has it been that build for a while?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Floydianslip wrote:

All 4 of my pucks updated to QS018.009 overnight. I also noticed the Entertainment OS is 1.2, or has it been that build for a while?

My puck did too. 

Doesn't seem to have added anything other than throwing lip-sync off on all live channels. How nice.

Ah well, never mind. Back off it goes... 

This message was authored by JDB.123 This message was authored by: JDB.123

Since the 1.2 update both my pucks crash when watching any sky sports UHD channels. See my post here for a video and description of the problem. https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/Stream-puck-randomly-resets-video-included/td-p/4338507 

Have only had stream since saturday. Worked flawless saturday but since the update (sunday) I have had nothing but issues watching the ashes and F1 in UHD..

This message was authored by Miklos This message was authored by: Miklos

@Floydianslip FYI: QS017 was the last Entertainment OS 1.1 - SKY have introduced Entertainment OS 1.2 with the QS018 firmware builds...

55" Sky Glass Anthracite (Ethernet) • Sky Live (VC100-ant) • Whole Home pack with 1 SKY Stream Puck (WiFi)
512Mbit FTTP Internet (Fibrenest)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion