Discussion topic: BT Sport UFC output on Sky Glass

This message was authored by stormbutterfly This message was authored by: stormbutterfly

BT Sport UFC output on Sky Glass

Why don't BT want UK Sky Glass customers consuming their UFC content? These are Sky Glass customers who are paying Sky for BT Sport by the way. So one would presume that Sky are paying BT Sport for these events. We're being penalised for not sitting up all night. Virgin and Sky Q customers simply record night before and watch in morning we can't do that as with no hard drive we're dependent on catch up. Less eyes on BT Sport output doesn't make any business sense? How do their advertisers feel about them blocking eyes on their brands for no good reason? How many UK UFC fans have Sky Glass I wonder? It's clearly not a sky issue because BT Sport are uploading prelims morning after these cards. Why upload partial programme? I'm setting up a Facebook group if interested join > 'BT Sport UFC output on Sky Glass' to start hassling BT Sport, Sky, UFC, anyone basically until we get what we want which is not having to sit up all night or go bed early and set our alarms. This is **bleep**.    

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: BT Sport UFC output on Sky Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @stormbutterfly 

As this a customer to customer forum, no one where will be able to tell you. However it is likely to be a rights issue. (I.e BT have broadcast rights but not on demand rights).

As you have said in your post, BT should be able to answer that question. It might also be worth emailing Sky's viewer relations team who should be able to investigate and feedback their email address is ViewerR@sky.uk.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
stormbutterfly
Topic Author
This message was authored by stormbutterfly This message was authored by: stormbutterfly

Thanks for reply I'll email that address see what they say. Re the rights why are BT uploading the prelims to catch up but not the main card? So they have on demand rights for prelims not main card? Seems unlikely to me but I'll def be pursuing Sky & BT on this try find out cos tonight's UFC 283 in Brazil is an example of UK Sky Glass UFC fans either having to stay up till 3am (or go bed set alarm) or tomorrow only get prelims it's not acceptable.

This message was authored by dtb87 This message was authored by: dtb87

I've been holding off adding BT sub on till I knew how fast these events were added

will definatley be taking via the BT app for now since they are available instant after fight ends... hopefully it gets resolved 

This message was authored by Shears1985 This message was authored by: Shears1985

UFc283 main card on playlist, prelims not.

Paying full price for half a service, why?

Not sure this is fair

This message was authored by dtb87 This message was authored by: dtb87

So clearly just down to BT being complacent on when they want to make them available 

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@mikealanr wrote:

Hi @stormbutterfly 

As this a customer to customer forum, no one where will be able to tell you. However it is likely to be a rights issue. (I.e BT have broadcast rights but not on demand rights).

As you have said in your post, BT should be able to answer that question. It might also be worth emailing Sky's viewer relations team who should be able to investigate and feedback their email address is ViewerR@sky.uk.

MikeAlanR

@mikealanr 
It's not a rights issue. BT are the exclusive UK broadcaster and hold full on-demand rights in addition to linear. Every fight, full replay etc is already available on the BT Sport app. 

Sky's "playlist" just isn't fit for purpose. 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @d2h 

Fair, but my advice still stands. It could be an issue with the playlist itself or metadata from the broadcaster (BT) to Sky. The best way to get this resolved is to complain to viewer relations. The more people affected that complain, the quicker something will get done.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
stormbutterfly
Topic Author

I got up at 2.30 to watch UFC283 main card live to be sure I didn't miss - shattered - went back to bed. Got up 10am and noticed the main card been uploaded to playlist (so my 2.30 rise was for nothing) but the prelims aren't there. So sometime we'll get prelims sometimes we'll get main card no way of knowing? 

This message was authored by Shears1985 This message was authored by: Shears1985

Email sent to them 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion