Discussion topic: Constant issues with picture freezing on sky glass

This message was authored by Therhino22 This message was authored by: Therhino22

Constant issues with picture freezing on sky glass

I'm fed up of issues with the picture freezing and sound stopping on live tv. Trying to contact sky via phone is useless. I'm at the point where I'm just going to cancel everything.  Really frustrating. Any suggestions?

ive already gone through all the help instructions several times. The internet connection is wired and running at a speed of 912mbps. 

All Replies

Therhino22
Topic Author
This message was authored by Therhino22 This message was authored by: Therhino22

Re: Constant issues with picture freezing on sky glass

To add. It's sky glass 

This message was authored by Wozzadog This message was authored by: Wozzadog

I have the same problem. Live channels such as BBC freeze every minute or so. Either the picture will freeze for a few seconds and the sound will continue, then the sound pauses until they get back in sync, or vice versa.

I have super fast 900Mbps download and 900Mbps upload braodband, Sky Glass is connected via ethernet directly into the router, and I've also just bought a new router rather than use the one my broadband provider provided, and the same.

If I watch live BBC (for instance) on iPlayer on my phone/iPad/laptop, or even on the Sky Glass via my Apple TV box I get zero pausing/glitching, so it's definitely an issue with Sky Glass rather than my internet connection or router.

I've had my Sky Glass since they launched, and it's better than it was back then when it would freeze completely and I had to change channel and then change chnnel back again to get the channel I was watching to start playing again, but it's still infuriating!

How do I get this sorted? It's driving me mad.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have to say I experienced this last night, three times I had to reboot the Glass TV as it just froze with a reboot the only answer. It's hardwired. The TV isn't even used much as I put it in the spare bedroom a month or so ago.

How people can use Glass as their main set day in day out is beyond me.

Family members giving me real grief with my persistence to keep Stream, I'm beginning to lose the battle. 😏

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion