Discussion topic: As skipping not working on Sky Glass

This message was authored by MC001 This message was authored by: MC001

As skipping not working on Sky Glass

Hi. My subscription has ad skipping but when I try and fast forward it just takes me back to the same advert.
I have just changed to sky glass. Is there something I need to switch on?

ta 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Re: As skipping not working on Sky Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MC001 wrote:

Thanks. I was on Sky Atlantic in demand and it didn't work for the Ads at the beginning and during the show. 

Any help appreciated !

(the sky glass is new)

Try pulling the plug from the socket for a few minutes ..... this normally cures minor glitches. I have mine connected to a smart plug so I can use an app or alexa to power it down without leaving the comfort of my sofa ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@MC001 

Ad skipping works differently in different apps. Which app are you having difficulty with? See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass

Obviously if your watching from start and catch up with the live broadcast or watching live you can't skip ahead any further.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
MC001
Topic Author

Thanks. I was on Sky Atlantic in demand and it didn't work for the Ads at the beginning and during the show. 

Any help appreciated !

(the sky glass is new)

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

@MC001 wrote:

Any help appreciated !

(the sky glass is new)

Try pulling the plug from the socket for a few minutes ..... this normally cures minor glitches. I have mine connected to a smart plug so I can use an app or alexa to power it down without leaving the comfort of my sofa ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
MC001
Topic Author

thanks @Jporch316 it now works

go figure!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion