Discussion topic: Alerts for live TV

This message was authored by jimmy62 This message was authored by: jimmy62

Alerts for live TV

i recently changed from Sky + to Sky Glass. on Sky + i could get alerts for when a programme starts but Sky Glass doesnt seem to have this option. It just seems to add them to my playlist with no alerts or have i missed something?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Alerts for live TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jimmy62 wrote:

i recently changed from Sky + to Sky Glass. on Sky + i could get alerts for when a programme starts but Sky Glass doesnt seem to have this option. It just seems to add them to my playlist with no alerts or have i missed something?

Use a different reminder. A bit less convenient, but the ubiquitous mobile should be able to accommodate you.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@jimmy62 wrote:

There are no such alerts in Sky Glass. Reminders are very much a legacy feature of Sky+ and weren't present on Sky Q either. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@jimmy62 wrote:

Use a different reminder. A bit less convenient, but the ubiquitous mobile should be able to accommodate you.

jimmy62
Topic Author

thanks guys. seems a bit of a step backward to me but looks like alarms on my phone are the only way to go. bit of a pain though because using ITV racing as an example it changes times on Saturdays.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Missing the start of a show isn't a major issue on these platforms as they always have the "watch from start" feature.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

Missing the start of a show isn't a major issue on these platforms as they always have the "watch from start" feature.

Only useful if you remember the programme is on in the first place of course... 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Mister_Dalek wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

Only useful if you remember the programme is on in the first place of course... 

Well the playlist functionality helps with that, as when shows start or are available on-demand the show move to the front of the Most Recent section of the playlist.

I know its not quite the same, but similarish functionality is available (if you know where to look ).

I've always thought the user guides/videos could be so much better explaining all the smaller features of the sky streaming platform for new customers. The new user info is quite generic, high level stuff and is seemingly not kept updated as new features or changes are made to the platform. Most of the useful stuff is only found by customers just playing around with the system and posting what they have found on the forum.

Why when a software update isn't made, there isn't on screen prompt asking if you want to see the release notes to know what has been fixed or any new features ( and how to use them) is beyond me. Its pretty much standard practise for most tech/software companies to generate public release notes.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

jimmy62
Topic Author

...and trying to place a bet after the race has run, trying to avoid messages from friends watching the game live etc. etc.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@jimmy62 

As noted above, Reminders weren't in the specification for Sky Q (launched early 2016) so it's possible the designers of Glass/Stream never knew they were a thing...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion