Discussion topic: where can i chat deaf and social anxiety so cannot talk

This message was authored by skychat This message was authored by: skychat

where can i chat deaf and social anxiety so cannot talk

hello, i am deaf somewhat but i have severe social anxiety so cannot speak to other people at all.i cannot even communicate with my family.thats how severe it is

i used to contact sky on a chat or message chat but now it is not available.

i checked forum and it says go to deaf link accessibility but when i click on send message it just takes you back to the page saying contact us by phone .sign language but the bottom one where it says to message us is not working..it has not been working these last few days.

i dont know how i am meant to contact sky..i feel awful with the stress. i have severe anxiety.

i notice a lot of people asking for a chat but they dont seem to get any answer or a way to contact sky by chat/message.

sorry about the way i have wrote this,i know it is hard to understand but my mind finds it hard to write when i feel stressed.

how do i contact sky as i want to query a bill and want to upgrade as well.

whatever i try or click on it justs keeps taking me to the same contact page,even if you click cancel account.

thankyou

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: where can i chat deaf and social anxiety so cannot talk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@skychat  Have you registered with the Accessibility Team?  https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

They have a number of contact options.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

skychat
Topic Author

thankyou. yes i am registered with them but when i click contact it says messaging not available.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It is probably busy at present so try again later as it will not be unavailable all the time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@skychat anything we can help with, until the chat service is available again?

This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

Hi @skychat 

Welcome to the Sky Community.

If it helps, at the time of typing, the messaging option appears to have availability - see here

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 15.06.59.png

In the future, if there's anything the community can do to help, feel free to take part with any questions you may have. 🙂

The Community has thousands of members who are ready to share their knowledge and experience to help you get the most from your Sky services. All posts are public, and as you've seen, most likely, replies will come from fellow customers. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

@skychat 

Thank you for using the Sky Community Forum 

I can confirm the chat function is available. 

Please follow this link - https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky-accessibility

Kirsty

Community Manager
skychat
Topic Author

thankyou so much for the replies.

i have just been trying again and it says

Message us
Unavailable
can someone please confirm it is unavailable for them as well as i keep thinking it is just on my laptop???
thankyou

As of this post it shows as available, there is also live sign or text relay available, can you confirm are you in the UK or Ireland?

GD1_0-1658132609512.png

GD1_0-1658132784676.png

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

skychat
Topic Author

thankyou. i just tried the other computer and i can get to the message chat with that one.

i contacted sky as i do need the internet to contact family on chats as i am near deaf with other issues.so i cannot use the phone. i talk to them on the internet.

my total sky bill last year or so was £32 a month with out any calls that family members may make on my phone but i just found out i am out of contract and the internet has jumper up from £19 a month to £35.50 a month. so instead of a total £32 a month my bill is now £48.50 a month.

i cannot afford that at all.

i was on the chat ages but the lady could only cut the total down by £5..i did ask if i could stay on my old contract of £32 a month but she said the best she can do is £48.50 -£5.

i have no option but  to cancel . she said i will only have 2 weeks of internet left then before i am disconected which means i wont be able to have any contact with my family members who help me most days due to my many issues..i cannot find as i am near deaf..i,m just so worried

i,m wondering if anyone else has the same situation as me and can help in anyway. sorry if my writing is hard to understand again but my anxiety is starting to make it harder for me to think.thankyou

@skychat  As we are customers here like you we have no control over what deals you are offered, if you want to use a different proivider for broadband then you need to shop around.,  There isn't any reason why you need to be without broadband if you choose a new provider for broadband.

skychat
Topic Author

yes thankyou i understand . you are doing a great job for customers with your help. thankyou again

i will take a look now later for a different provider which is a shame as my £32 a month was the right price and i was happy being with sky.

do you think it is worth me asking again if i could continue with my old sky contract of £32 a month instead of the new contract of £48.50 minus £5 so actually new contract will be £43.50 a month..or do you think they will say no...i dont want to go through the long  chat again just to be told no.

thankyou

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It is up to you really but if you do go through the chat again I would try so perhaps tomorrow and don't try it again today. If you don't get offered something you think is value for money then perhaps looking elsewhere is the way to go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion