Discussion topic: Sky VIP Prizes, and being Severly Disabled

This message was authored by northen+monkey This message was authored by: northen+monkey

Sky VIP Prizes, and being Severly Disabled

Being severly disabled,  I have looked Every Time the Sky VIP prizes are published! But I can Never See Any of the Prizes that would suit me, because of my Disabilities! Am I the Only customer this affects?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky VIP Prizes, and being Severly Disabled

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@northen+monkey  I would imagine there would be 1000's in a similar situation.  In the interest of being compliant with current disability laws the relevant events/organisers would have to ensure disability access as they cannot discriminate.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @northen+monkey 

Thanks for posting about this. We are absolutely committed to ensuring our VIP rewards are inclusive.

Please see the extract from sky.com below. If you find this is not sufficient, or there are other rewards that would be more appropriate, please do let us know here and we will feed that back.

Attending a Sky VIP experience
We try to ensure that all events are held at accessible venues.

If you have any specific requirements; when you get your confirmation stating you’ve been allocated tickets, email us so we can help you have the best possible experience.
Our dedicated team will be able to check the venue’s accessibility and request easily accessible seating. In some instances, accessible seating may only be available at short notice. Where wheelchair spaces are available, these will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

Read the FAQs covering accessibility for each of our events in the My Sky app. You’ll find our contact details there too, so you can let us know about your requirements.

Full article at:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-vip-accessibility

This message was authored by Kaftangirl This message was authored by: Kaftangirl

I too rarely find any Sky VIP prizes that are relevant to me. 
I am disabled & rarely leave my home. 
Most competition/Sky VIP prizes are completely useless for me. 
I wish severely disabled customers were more valued/considered. 
It smacks of discrimination. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kaftangirl wrote:

I too rarely find any Sky VIP prizes that are relevant to me. 
I am disabled & rarely leave my home. 

Nor I. And I'm fairly able-bodied.

Given Sky's huge customer base, I've no doubt there are many others who haven't seen much benefit from the VIP. It's not discriminatory. 

This message was authored by Lainyfee242 This message was authored by: Lainyfee242

I won tickets for a football game this weekend and they can't accommodate me being disabled so been told to give my tickets to a friend or family member. I think it's shocking considering all football grounds have disabled access now but sky vip don't have it within there allowance.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Lainyfee242,
When you say that they couldn't accommodate you and you were told to give them to a friend, can I ask who you contacted?
Did you follow the below steps?
"If you have any specific requirements; when you get your confirmation stating you’ve been allocated tickets, email us so we can help you have the best possible experience.
Our dedicated team will be able to check the venue’s accessibility and request easily accessible seating. In some instances, accessible seating may only be available at short notice. Where wheelchair spaces are available, these will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.

Read the FAQs covering accessibility for each of our events in the My Sky app. You’ll find our contact details there too, so you can let us know about your requirements."

The email address is also in this article:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-vip-accessibility

If these are the steps you followed let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

This message was authored by Lainyfee242 This message was authored by: Lainyfee242

Hi,

It was sky vip via email that told me that.

Posted by a Sky employee

Ok thanks for the info and sorry it hasn't been a great experience. Will certainly look into what happens in such situations.

Dave

Just to make it worst rangers have no idea that I have won tickets through sky as they haven't been told. So no game for me.

This message was authored by Kaftangirl This message was authored by: Kaftangirl

@DaveAccess 

There are rarely prizes that someone with severe mobility problems could even consider entering.

I wonder what percentage of SkyVIP prize competitions are entered, won and used by severely disabled SkyVIP customers?

We seem to be the forgotten or ignored section of customers?

In fact, I’d go so far as asking what real benefits do we get for being long term, loyal customers who never get behind on all our Sky services bills?

This message was authored by DannyLeeRM This message was authored by: DannyLeeRM

I find this issue too, my partner has ME and I have fibromyalgia with two autistic kids, so many of the rewards are useless to my family and not suitable.

Also living near bury saint edmonds, suffolk you don't have many things to select from that is a reasonable distance away.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion