Discussion topic: Shame On You Sky - 5 years on and still no subtitles for UHD films

This message was authored by Jenghis This message was authored by: Jenghis

Shame On You Sky - 5 years on and still no subtitles for UHD films

Dear Sky,

I upgraded to 4K OLED, Dolby Atmos and 4K DVD Player in Nov 2017.

In December 2017 I upgraded to Sky Q Ultra content, mainly for the movies.

I suffer from sensoury hearing loss, 50% loss in both left and right side.

Subtitles are an essential part of my viewing, without them I can not enjoy the content.

I have been writing to Sky every year since 2018 asking when they are going to introduce subtitles on UHD movies.

I receive the same crappy response every year, essentially they don't care and it is not important - 5 years later nothing has changed and they know it is unacceptable and remain ignorant and arrogant.

Shame on you!!

Overall sound quality on the Sky Q box is appauling, newer streaming services provide subtitles with all their UHD films - Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, Roku etc..

These services arrived years after Sky and served only to confirm the <removed> Sky has been feeding it's customers for years and continues to this present day.

Sky movie channels are awful, over priced, Sky's monopoly on football and sport is already being dismantled by BT and Amazon and I suspect Netflix and Disney with join in very soon.

I view all my 4K content on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Disney Plus in glorious 4K with exceptional Dolby Atoms Decoding - It is truely a cinema experience, crispy colours and amazing sound quality from all 3 of the services.

If in doubt watch Jumanji 2 on Sky UHD then watch it on Amazon Prime 4K - Accrington Stanley v Arsenal 🙂

Amazon and DIsney have recently introduced 4K IMAX which is spectacular.

It is pointless asking when subtitles will become available on Sky UHD, frankly I really don't care anymore, the alternatives are way ahead and offer some much more in quality, quantity and value.

Take a close look at the Sky Movie Channels, the content is soul destroying!

It is rumoured that Scotland Yard use Sky Movies Channels in the interrogations suites, the most hardened criminals have cracked - My Girl 2 always break them - Big Hit Movie according to Sky! If that fails then all 908 Alien films, one after the other followed by all Predator films, again one after the other, then all Alien v Predator films one after the other - Followed by the uncut versions, directors cut versions, extended versions and haircut versions..

Just nuke customers Sky!!

A 5 year old could have created a more entertaining schedule!!

Good luck with your Sky Broken Glass Trash..

A departing sky customer... " You ain't all that.. "

moderator note: removed some inappropriate language. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Izzabella This message was authored by: Izzabella

Re: Shame On You Sky - 5 years on and still no subtitles for UHD films

Hey!

I am sure Sky are very sorry for the poor service, have you tried to contact them?

This message was authored by grahamwa This message was authored by: grahamwa

I have tried contacting them, but there is no webform suitable. They do not seem to be interested. It's about time they delviered a package that was suitable and "accessible" to all.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is a form you can fill in here to register a complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by grahamwa This message was authored by: grahamwa

Thank you very much. Complaint form sent.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion