Discussion topic: English subtitles not in English when spoken word is not English

This message was authored by MyNameIs+David This message was authored by: MyNameIs+David

English subtitles not in English when spoken word is not English

Would it not be a good idea to have the subtitles in English, when someone isn't talking English!  Watching Indiana jones and when the Germans speak German the subtitles are in German! If I spoke German I wouldn't need the subtitles! Prime, Disney and Netflix all seem to manage so let's drag Sky into the 21st century, eh? 
and yet another year goes by with no subtitles on UHD.

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: English subtitles not in English when spoken word is not English

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MyNameIs+David wrote:

Would it not be a good idea to have the subtitles in English, when someone isn't talking English!  Watching Indiana jones and when the Germans speak German the subtitles are in German! If I spoke German I wouldn't need the subtitles! Prime, Disney and Netflix all seem to manage so let's drag Sky into the 21st century, eh? 
and yet another year goes by with no subtitles on UHD.

@MyNameIs+David you may have your box set incorrectly for subtitles as they showed fine for me on that film check in settings that the subtitles language has not changed 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion