Discussion topic: Updating Sky ID to show new Sky account

This message was authored by SpenderD This message was authored by: SpenderD

Updating Sky ID to show new Sky account

Hi there

I am a previous Sky customer but closed my TV/Broadband account a year ago.  I still have a Sky ID which is active (I continue to use Sky (Yahoo) email).  The account details against my Sky ID show the old closed account and my old residential address.

I have just signed up to Sky Broadband and have been given a new account number (it won't go live until the end of March).

How do I update my Sky ID to show my new account number and new address? Will it happen automatically?  Or do I have to create a new Sky ID for this new account.  I want to keep my current Sky ID if possible as this is my email account.

I can't see an obvious option to link a new account to my old Sky ID so any advice would be great.

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Updating Sky ID to show new Sky account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's not possible to link a new account with an existing Sky ID. You'll need to create a new Sky ID and link your new account to it.

You'll need to use a different email address for the new Sky ID -you can't use the same one as is linked to your old one.

Alternatively, if you de-link your email address from your old Sky ID, by replacing it with a different email address, you'll be able to use it with your new Sky ID.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

It's not possible to link a new account with an existing Sky ID. You'll need to create a new Sky ID and link your new account to it.

You'll need to use a different email address for the new Sky ID -you can't use the same one as is linked to your old one.

Alternatively, if you de-link your email address from your old Sky ID, by replacing it with a different email address, you'll be able to use it with your new Sky ID.

SpenderD
Topic Author
This message was authored by SpenderD This message was authored by: SpenderD

Thanks, that's very helpful - I'll try and transfer the existing email to the new ID.

This message was authored by Sharief16 This message was authored by: Sharief16

Thanks Mark. That worked.

This message was authored by HrrmAname This message was authored by: HrrmAname

I cant delink my email from the old Sky ID from my old account can you advise how I should do this ?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

All you should need to do is to login to your old account and delete the email address yourself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by mariam2712 This message was authored by: mariam2712

i have tried this but it said there was an error when I tried changing the email

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Are you trying to update the email address on your current Sky account or an old one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion