Discussion topic: Sky+ customer - TNT Sports mobile app?

This message was authored by Sheena+Ross This message was authored by: Sheena+Ross

Sky+ customer - TNT Sports mobile app?

Since BT Sport became TNT I'm aware their content has moved over to the Discovery+ app but I don't know how I access it.

I subscribe to TNT Sports through Sky+ and I just want to be able to watch it occasionally on my phone if I'm not near the TV. Can someone explain how I access the Discovery+ app on my phone so it knows I'm an existing TNT subscriber? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Sky+ customer - TNT Sports mobile app?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sheena+Ross  if you are paying sky direct for TNT sports you can't access discovery plus full stop 

but you should be able to access the channels via sky go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Sheena+Ross  if you are paying sky direct for TNT sports you can't access discovery plus full stop 

but you should be able to access the channels via sky go

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Sheena+Ross wrote:

I subscribe to TNT Sports through Sky+

If you pay Sky then you will have access to the Sky Go app.

If you pay BT/TNT then you will have to use the TNT app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sheena+Ross
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sheena+Ross This message was authored by: Sheena+Ross

Thanks.

TNT is not accessible via the Sky Go app. It returns an error message saying I need to upgrade my subscription. 

Seems as though BT becoming TNT just means paying the same money for less product. Or being required to upgrade to Q or Glass.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Sheena+Ross  If you can't access via sky go you may not be paying sky direct does TNT sports appear on your sky bill 

Sheena+Ross
Topic Author

Ah good point actually. I've always just assumed it was via Sky.

Might be the reason!

This message was authored by MDev1 This message was authored by: MDev1

@SKY1992bf 

I have Sky TV, but pay for TNT through BT, as it comes on a separate bill. 

Does this mean I can't watch TNT on my mobile because Discovery+ won't work as I have Sky TV, and it won't work on Sky Go as the subscription isn't though Sky?

If thats the case, what can I do?

@MDev1  I've sent you a private message 

This message was authored by Alex+Kuczera This message was authored by: Alex+Kuczera

That is just not fair. Penalised for having Sky HD even though we pay ridiculous prices for the service. 

@Alex+Kuczera wrote:

That is just not fair. Penalised for having Sky HD even though we pay ridiculous prices for the service. 

@Alex+Kuczera  the reason is simple sky plus cannot support apps so it's impossible to access if you are on that platform and paying sky direct 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion