Discussion topic: Sky+ app no longer supported after 31 May

This message was authored by akh48 This message was authored by: akh48

Sky+ app no longer supported after 31 May

On checking the Sky+ app recently there is a message saying "The Sky+ app will no longer be supported  from May 31st"

I have used this app for many years and find it very helpful when searching or sending recording requests direct to my box when I am out and about, so I am disappointed to see it will no longer be supported after May 31st. 

Does this mean the app will still be on my phone, but not supported or gone? 

Does anyone know of a similar app I could download instead? 

I already have the SkyGo app, but that does not do the same as the Sky+ app as only shows past shows to download and not upcoming shows to send record requests to my box, also the search function nowhere near as good as only works on shows on SkyGo.

BRING BACK SKY NEVER MISS

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Sky+ app no longer supported after 31 May

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The app will be removed from ALL app stores so don't uninstall or you'll not be able to get it back

The app will "work" after the deadline but features will start to stop working ie Favourites, new series,  etc...

The Sky Go app is no replacement for the app as it has many missing features like dealing with recording clashes 😞

Moral of the story is you can no longer rely on the app 😞

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

The app will be removed from ALL app stores so don't uninstall or you'll not be able to get it back

The app will "work" after the deadline but features will start to stop working ie Favourites, new series,  etc...

The Sky Go app is no replacement for the app as it has many missing features like dealing with recording clashes 😞

Moral of the story is you can no longer rely on the app 😞

akh48
Topic Author
This message was authored by akh48 This message was authored by: akh48

Thanks for your response.

I had already checked GooglePlay and noticed it was no longer listed which was why I asked, but have no intention of deleting until it no longer works how I want it, which will hopefully be for a while yet 🤞

I agree SkyGo is nowhere near as good and has many missing features, which are the ones I will miss most.  I just wondered if I was missing something on the SkyGo app and the features were on there and I had just missed.

I assume as they seem to be trying to push people on to the Glass and other ways to access Sky now and as the Sky+ boxes are not readily available any more that this is just another thing they are winding down 😔

BRING BACK SKY NEVER MISS
This message was authored by badgerbadgersnake This message was authored by: badgerbadgersnake

This is **bleep**. It's the only useful app Sky ever created, the Sky Go app is not close to it for usability. 

I just want the grid so I can see what's on and it does that perfectly. 

This message was authored by Dave+Hop This message was authored by: Dave+Hop

I use the Sky+ app all the time as I cannot press buttons on a controller but am able to use a touch screen . I use the app to select channels, select programs to record and to watch, rewind, fast forward and pause etc.

can someone from Sky suggest what I should use in the future.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Dave+Hop wrote:

I use the Sky+ app all the time as I cannot press buttons on a controller but am able to use a touch screen . I use the app to select channels, select programs to record and to watch, rewind, fast forward and pause etc.

can someone from Sky suggest what I should use in the future.

This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help

In the past i used an app on an iPad that gave remote control features via touchscreen, try lookig in your app store for an app

This message was authored by Rhiannon+Ifans This message was authored by: Rhiannon+Ifans

Skyplus vs sky go

For various reasons I am not going to have sky Q box. Now that the Sky+ app is ceasing to exist. I have to try and transfer to sky go app. However, there is no TV Guide on the app. Nor can I see how I can control my sky plus box with the Sky Go app. Any ideas?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Skyplus vs sky go

@Rhiannon+Ifans wrote:

However, there is no TV Guide on the app. Nor can I see how I can control my sky plus box with the Sky Go app. Any ideas?

There is a TV Guide but it is not displayed like it is in the Sky+ app.

You can't control your box with the Sky Go app as you could with the Sky+ app as pretty much all you can do with it as well as wayching live and on demand content is to send remote recordings and downloads to your Sky box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Rhiannon+Ifans wrote:

For various reasons I am not going to have sky Q box. Now that the Sky+ app is ceasing to exist. I have to try and transfer to sky go app. However, there is no TV Guide on the app. Nor can I see how I can control my sky plus box with the Sky Go app. Any ideas?

Are you sure you don't mean there is no planner?

An Sky Go for Sky Plus users in not a replacement for the Sky+ App as too many features are absent 😞

This message was authored by Rhiannon+Ifans This message was authored by: Rhiannon+Ifans

Cheers. Now I've got to work out where Paramount plus is on the sky go app. Any ideas?

I've never known any situation to go backwards when up trying to upgrade device 

@Rhiannon+Ifans wrote:

Cheers. Now I've got to work out where Paramount plus is on the sky go app. Any ideas?

You can't watch Paramount Plus content via the app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Gillm2626 This message was authored by: Gillm2626

Sky + app no longer being supported,

Sky + app no longer being supported, will sky go list all channels, at present doesn’t show bbc 

or is there another at of seeing what's on & setting recordings?

Re: Sky + app no longer being supported,

To see all the channels make sure you select the "Record to Sky Box" option is selected above the TV Guide.

This message was authored by Gillm2626 This message was authored by: Gillm2626

Re: Sky + app no longer being supported,

Brilliant! Thank you for speedy simple helpful response!

This message was authored by Mr+Burger This message was authored by: Mr+Burger

Unless someone can offer up an alternative method, for those of us with more than one Sky+ box at home, this app is the only method to select/direct commands to a specific box..

For example. If your household has multiple boxes/user accounts, all using the Sky+ and Sky Go apps, if you use the Sky Go app using your uniquie Sky login, you need to first log into your Sky+ app (using the same login details) in order to choose which box to direct the remote record requests to) else remote record requests will most likely end up on the master box..

I'm not aware of any way to select a Sky+ box (via its card number) on the Sky Go app.

How do customers with multiroom tell the Go app which box is linked to each user account then?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion