Discussion topic: eARC doesn’t work

This message was authored by NotTellingYou20 This message was authored by: NotTellingYou20

eARC doesn’t work

I have the Sky Glass (QS023.010.00P) 55" and I have connected my Sony HT-G700 (V2.127) via HDMI2 and nothing.

the Sony HT-G700 supports Earc (it even in the menu system as on).

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

what am I missing?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: eARC doesn’t work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NotTellingYou20 

Just to check: the HDMI cable is from HDMI #2 on the Glass set to HDMI Out on the soundbar (which is somewhat counter-intuitive)?

Some users have had more sucess with an HDMI 2.1 rated cable, but don't pay more than £10 for that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NotTellingYou20 

Just to check: the HDMI cable is from HDMI #2 on the Glass set to HDMI Out on the soundbar (which is somewhat counter-intuitive)?

Some users have had more sucess with an HDMI 2.1 rated cable, but don't pay more than £10 for that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
NotTellingYou20
Topic Author
This message was authored by NotTellingYou20 This message was authored by: NotTellingYou20

Yep, done both, and no joy 😔

NotTellingYou20
Topic Author

It's was the plugging in to the hdmi out on the soundbar. Mental.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion