Discussion topic: sky.com email. Cannot get to the correct login page only yahoo mail which i do not have

This message was authored by nachbau This message was authored by: nachbau

sky.com email. Cannot get to the correct login page only yahoo mail which i do not have

I am on holiday I am trying to access my sky.com emails. At home I use Thunderbird client without issue. There does not seem to be a login page anywhere on the Sky site where I can login directly to the mail webpage.?????

Regards Pete

p.s. I have a Yandex.com mail adress which is linked to my sky account which I can access. I am away until mid October so would like to check my sky.com email in box.

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: sky.com email. Cannot get to the correct login page only yahoo mail which i do not have

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nachbau wrote:

There does not seem to be a login page anywhere on the Sky site where I can login directly to the mail webpage.?????

The Sky homepage includes a link to log in: 

jayach_0-1726881270968.png

And once you do, there is an option for Yahoo Mail from the drop down menu.

jayach_1-1726881334284.png

Still if you want a direct link this should do:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

And a quick google search would find this:

Sky email login - Google Search

But bear in mind, they do block access from some non-UK locations.

nachbau
Topic Author
This message was authored by nachbau This message was authored by: nachbau

Re: sky.com email. Cannot get to the correct login page only yahoo mail which i do not have

Thanks for the link but it still links via Yahoo. Yahoo seem to have taken over Sky regarding email. I am VERY resistant to  moving what is a perfectly acceptable email account with the sky .com access. Why is it I do not have issues at home when I am using Thunderbird as my email client . XXXXX

Thanks for trying anyway. I shall wait untill I get home as this seems to be the only way .?????

Regards Pete

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It doesn't link via Yahoo, it links to Yahoo.

Sky email has run on the Yahoo platform since 2013. (and it moved there from Google)

Thunderbird, and indeed any client, will be connecting to Yahoo servers to provide Sky email.

For proof:

ping imap.tools.sky.com

Pinging jimapinternal.imap.mail.g03.yahoodns.net [87.248.103.8] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 87.248.103.8: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=56
Reply from 87.248.103.8: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=56
Reply from 87.248.103.8: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=56
Reply from 87.248.103.8: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 87.248.103.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 20ms, Average = 19ms

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion