Discussion topic: email account locked

This message was authored by crazylady12 This message was authored by: crazylady12

email account locked

HELP, I dont have any sky products except sky/yahoo email, I am the account holder and created an email address for my daughter a few years ago which has been working fine. She now has account locked on her email address and I have tried to contact SKY by telephone today, I have been on hold on three seperate occasions having told someone the problem, each time they start the call by taking my number and assuring me they will ring back if the line goes dead and each time they dont.  This last call i told the handler this and he assured me he would ring back and even took my landline number but guess what , still no call back. 

I just want to get the account back up and running as my daughter is living and working abroad and needs her emails.  Can anyone help please.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: email account locked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you clarify what you mean by locked? What error message is she seeing when she tries to log in?

crazylady12
Topic Author
This message was authored by crazylady12 This message was authored by: crazylady12

Hi , it just says your account is locked and ring the telephone number,  since posting I have spoken to a call handler who basically said there is no trace of the account and there is nothing can be done as we don't have any active sky products or sky account which I find hard to believe.  

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

When did she last login to the account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
crazylady12
Topic Author

Yesterday 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Does using this link do anything:

https://skyid.sky.com/unlockemail

If not then does calling this number here help:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-unlock-your-sky-account

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
crazylady12
Topic Author

Hi, if I click on first link I get can't recover your account online as there are no other options on file for your account. 

The second link is the number I rang and spoke to several operators who either hung up or said there was nothing they could do as they couldn't find her account and as we have no sky products we therefore have no sky account  

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Can you/her log in here, using her email address.

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Make sure you are logged out of yours, if doing it on the same device.

crazylady12
Topic Author

yes i have tried this and it still says Account locked.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I suspect the problem here is that with no recovery options in place and no subscription with Sky, then have no way of verifying your identity. Without being able to do that, the adviser has no means of unlocking the account.

crazylady12
Topic Author

Update,

I sent a complaint email to sky via sky.com and had a reply this morning with another telephone number to ring, I rang and spoke to another call handler who again was unable to help, they just dont have the knowledge to unlock a locked account, she was transferring me to someone else and guess what, I got cut off again. I have replied to the email I received this morning and will await an update. 

Surely it cant be this difficult to unlock a locked account .

crazylady12
Topic Author

Thanks, I understand that but the recovery options should be security questions that were in place, and surely not having a subscription  with them shouldnt mean they cant verify my details, that would apply with any email account you create i.e. a gmail account. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

When my account was locked, the agent was able to unlock it, even though it was no longer an "active" account. (I had moved, and started again as a new customer at my new address) 

But I did have to remember the details from back then, including my memorable word.

It was the name of the cat I had then, so was easy to remember, even many years later.

The agents on the phone are very "variable", so I would try calling Sky a couple of more times, and hope you can get a more helpful one.

This message was authored by JohnnyBee70 This message was authored by: JohnnyBee70

ive had the same problem with My Sky e-mail..

Being i only have the e-mail active with no sky products

went through the customer service team with the ssupplied telephone number the locked account message tells you..

got messed about over and over..

I finally got help..

The Agent knew  who to put me thought to..

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed incorrect advice

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion