Discussion topic: Unwanted nuisance ads

This message was authored by Nortonian This message was authored by: Nortonian

Unwanted nuisance ads

I am getting inundated by ads from "Nordace" who apparently sell Backpacks I have no interest in Nordace, or Back packs. I delete and it returns, I submit "feedback" nothing happens. This getting beyond a joke and has become HARRASMENT. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Unwanted nuisance ads

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You mean advertising emails? Mark them as spam, before deleting them and eventually the spam filter will recognise them and divert them automatically to your Spam folder instead of passing them to your Inbox.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

You mean advertising emails? Mark them as spam, before deleting them and eventually the spam filter will recognise them and divert them automatically to your Spam folder instead of passing them to your Inbox.

Nortonian
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nortonian This message was authored by: Nortonian

Mark thanks, I've tried everything else..contacted the advertising Company and  they say it's not an email and down to Yahoo/ Sky who place the ad. It seems that Sky / Yahoo are breaking the rules here, by ignoring what their customer  considers to be continuing harrassment despite asking for it to stop.  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Nortonian if you access your email via your browser, there's an ad (or two?) above your Inbox. As you rightly say, they're not emails. You can get rid of them either by installing an ad blocker, or by using an app instead of your browser to access Sky Yahoo Mail.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Nortonian 

If you are refering to the add placed at the top of your emails (if you don't use an ad blocker), that is hardly being "inundated".

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion