Discussion topic: This looks authentic but is it???

This message was authored by Helen+SH This message was authored by: Helen+SH

This looks authentic but is it???

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Suspicious email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Any email you receive which comes from the likes of a Hotmail address or anything other than a Sky one is a fake so mark it is as spam so it gets deleted and do the same should you receive anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by pdunny This message was authored by: pdunny

Suspicious email

Hi

I've received an email regarding important changes to the Sky email account.

I've been on the Sky website but there's no mention of this. As you can see from the attached screenshot there is a reference to a '[content removed]' which further raises my suspicion that this is fake.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this for me.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Paul

Moderator note: The email address contains a 3rd party email address, that may have been spoofed/compromised. I've therefore removed this 3rd party email address and the screenshot

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Suspicious email

Any email you receive which comes from the likes of a Hotmail address or anything other than a Sky one is a fake so mark it is as spam so it gets deleted and do the same should you receive anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Caz-66 This message was authored by: Caz-66

Email scam?

I received an email today from sky.com R saying i needed to refresh my email by 15th Sept. Is this a scam? Email content below and it had a link. 

"To continue giving you the best experience and service, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.

The classic version of Sky that you're using on your computer will no longer be available to ensure continued access to your Sky Mail account, you will not be automatically upgraded to the latest version of Sky! Mail or Basic Mail, it's quick, easy and free. Just update your email address now. All changes come into effect on 15 September 2022."

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Email scam?

Yep, it's a scam. There's no 'classic' version, and no forthcoming upgrade. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Email scam?

Mark these as spam so they get deleted and do the same should you be sent anymore as there is no need to update anything to access your emails.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: This looks authentic but is it???

@Helen+SH 

It is definitely a scam. This one is particularly popular. I saw a similar post yesterday. In your case all that's changed is the date the changes are going to take place. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rodney12 This message was authored by: Rodney12

i have an email from sky saying update your email account but this email address is attached: pamand

Hi ... Received an email from sky saying I must update my email account, but when i looked at the details this email address was attached: pamandjohnbrear@

I'm sure this would be a sky email if it's about my account? 

another scam? 

thanks 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: i have an email from sky saying update your email account but this email address is attached: pa

This is a scam email as more and more people are reporting these so you do not need to update your account so mark it as spam so it gets deleted and do the same should you be sent anymore.

This message was authored by Rog19 This message was authored by: Rog19

I received this today is this a scam? 347C6D3C-DDD4-467F-9558-611689F06807.png

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rog19 

Your image was rejected as it contains your email address. If you wish to resubmit it with personal information blanked out but it looks like a scam to me. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Rog19 

Your image was rejected as it contains your email address. If you wish to resubmit it with personal information blanked out but it looks like a scam to me. 

Yep, I agree. @Rog19 it's not genuine, and you can just mark it as spam, and ignore it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion