Discussion topic: Sky email to update browser

This message was authored by Frozone This message was authored by: Frozone

Sky email to update browser

Received this email and it just looks wrong. 

Is this a genuine email from sky? 

Dear user,

This is a final notification that on (removed link) Sky will discontinue support for the old version (IE) 8. If you choose not to update your browser before (removed link) you'll be switched to our Basic Mail experience. You'll still be able to read and send emails, but you will no longer have access to many of the latest features for improved conversations, contacts and attachments.

Take a minute to update your browser for a faster, safer and full-featured Sky Mail experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

(removed link)

If your account information is not updated, your ability to access your account will be restricted.

Thank you,
Sky

Privacy Policy | Customer Support

Moderator comments: removed links. Please follow https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-scams-help for more information on scam emails/links 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky email to update browser

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sounds suspect to me as Sky wouldn't restricted your services in anyway shape or form and nor would they send you an email with the links that "go to your account", so mark this as spam so it gets removed and do they same should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Sounds suspect to me as Sky wouldn't restricted your services in anyway shape or form and nor would they send you an email with the links that "go to your account", so mark this as spam so it gets removed and do they same should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Frozone I agree with @caesarome:  looking at the structure and wording of the email, I would say that's not genuinely from Sky.

This message was authored by crazy-47 This message was authored by: crazy-47

Hopefully I have arranged for my email previous to be replaced by the new  browser.  If I need to do anything more please let me know.

Regards

Stephen Hobday

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@crazy-47 are you saying you've also received an email asking you to update your browser? It's quite likely that you didn't need to do anything, but using a different browser won't do any harm.

Providing you didn't click on any link within the email sent to you, you should be ok. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion