Discussion topic: Sky email is this a scam email

This message was authored by Helprequired2 This message was authored by: Helprequired2

Sky email is this a scam email

Hi I keep getting these emails saying I need to click on this link to keep my yahoo account active.  
see email text below

Dear Sky User,

This is the last time we are notifying you that your Sky Yahoo mail is outdated and will be blocked from sending/receiving emails and PDF attachments in the next 48 hours time because you have failed to update your Sky Yahoo Mail Account and your account will be closed.

Kindly use the link below to update your Sky Yahoo Mail Account. 

We are leaving sky for bt but was told as long as I use my sky email regularly I wouldn't need to do anything. Is this email a scam ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky email is this a scam email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is a scam as you do not have to update anything as is a scare one to get you to download software on your device which would then allow these scammers access to it.

If it was from Sky they would state your actual name and not just "Dear User" as they would know who you were.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

It is a scam as you do not have to update anything as is a scare one to get you to download software on your device which would then allow these scammers access to it.

If it was from Sky they would state your actual name and not just "Dear User" as they would know who you were.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Nor would it be so rude, if it were genuinely from Sky....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion