Discussion topic: Sky BB - do I need BT email?

This message was authored by MisterTony This message was authored by: MisterTony

Sky BB - do I need BT email?

After many years with BT, I'm switching to Sky BB. I have 3 BT email addresses. BT recommending I continue either their Basic, Standard or Premier email. Latter is £7.50 per month, unclear if others are free. Also unclear what any of  these provide. But, do I need them, or will I still be able to access emails as usual,  with Sky security etc? Many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Sky BB - do I need BT email?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You will not get an email address with Sky.

What you do for an email address going forward is up to you, and depends on just how you like to access your email. Being on Sky won't stop you using your BT addresses, but as you say, BT will put restrictions on if you don't pay for premium.

You will need to explore just what the BT options provide. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MisterTony it might be a good opportunity to switch to an alternative, non-ISP related email provider such as Gmail. You could do it over time so that advising your contacts of your new email address is less of a burden.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

When I left BT many years ago now as soon as they said they would start charging me @MisterTony I set up a Gmail email address and used that instead. It is a pain having to update your address as all sites you use but long term it will be worth it as I now have an email address for life.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion