Discussion topic: Setting up Sky e-mail account on new Kindle 7

This message was authored by Derdyshire This message was authored by: Derdyshire

Setting up Sky e-mail account on new Kindle 7

Just bought a new Kindle 7. Trying to get my Sky e-mails connected to it. Tap "e-mail" icon. Enter e-mail address where requested. Enter password. (Both of these are the entries that do log me into Sky e-mail). I then get a popup saying "Unable to set up account. Message from your e-mail provider. E-mail address or password incorrect" - which of course they aren't. Any advice gratefully accepted. I should also add that I've already done this succesfully on an old Kindle 7, a smart phone and 3 laptops over the last several years with no problems. Frank

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Setting up Sky e-mail account on new Kindle 7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try generating a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password it uses, you can do this here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try generating a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password it uses, you can do this here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Derdyshire
Topic Author
This message was authored by Derdyshire This message was authored by: Derdyshire

Thanks Caesarome. That was an impressively speedy reply. I'll give it a go.

Derdyshire
Topic Author

Worked a treat. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion