Discussion topic: Reset password e-mail never arrives

This message was authored by Frank+Williamson This message was authored by: Frank+Williamson

Reset password e-mail never arrives

Bought my wife new phone but Outlook will not connect for e-mails.

We have tried the password reset, but it never sends an e-mail (she can access the e-mails on her old phone as we haven't wiped the data yet (thankfully)

We need to reset the password, so we can generate the app password (xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx)

I am also the main acocunt hoklder for the account and yes, I do have the authority from her to talk to Sky.

Best Answers
Frank+Williamson
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frank+Williamson This message was authored by: Frank+Williamson Answer

Re: Reset password e-mail never arrives

Strange. just logged into Sky with the same password as yesterday and now everything is sorted. must have locked account for 24 hours

generated the app password and e-mails now on her new phone. really needs to do better at remember her own passwords. I have about 50 of my own including work to remember 😁

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No need to reset your password. Just enter the generated password in the Outlook setup for Sky Yahoo Mail.

Frank+Williamson
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frank+Williamson This message was authored by: Frank+Williamson

can't generate it, if you can't log in to sky

Ah OK. You should have two reset options. Are you able to use the alternative, memorable data option instead of the reset email?

Frank+Williamson
Topic Author

that doesn't work either.

i can e-mail my wife's sky e-mail and so can everyone else, just not from Sky

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Password reset emails will not go to the Sky email address. (for obvious reasons)

They will go to the alternative email address on the account.

You can change the recovery address or add/change a security question here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Of course if you have genuinely forgotten the password, and haven't set up the recovery options, you will need to contact Sky.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Frank+Williamson wrote:

I am also the main acocunt hoklder for the account and yes, I do have the authority from her to talk to Sky.

That means nothing, the emails accounts are completely separate from the Sky account.

Frank+Williamson
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frank+Williamson This message was authored by: Frank+Williamson Answer

Strange. just logged into Sky with the same password as yesterday and now everything is sorted. must have locked account for 24 hours

generated the app password and e-mails now on her new phone. really needs to do better at remember her own passwords. I have about 50 of my own including work to remember 😁

Frank+Williamson
Topic Author

Also the security question is now setup as well

@Frank+Williamson wrote:

Also the security question is now setup as well

It certainly wouldn't have worked, if one wasn't set up!

Frank+Williamson
Topic Author

we haven't done a password reset. we locked the account for 24 hours. then we set the security question / answer when it let us back in

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion