Discussion topic: My sky mail being hacked

This message was authored by Tatson This message was authored by: Tatson

My sky mail being hacked

Hi everyone!

I need urgent help to restore access to my sky mail. I've been hacked recently. They changed phone number and recovery I'd code. PLEASE HELP 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My sky mail being hacked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If they have setup 2 step autentication on your account then I'm not sure there is anything you can do to get it back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Tatson
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tatson This message was authored by: Tatson

By myself NO. But with help of sky yahoo mail team member. I should regain control of my email. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

For that you'll need to call. But i'm not confident in their ability to help....

This message was authored by Eeyore This message was authored by: Eeyore

@Tatson That is exactly what has happened to me.  I spent an hour to a customer service person in India who wasn't very helpful.  Someone has changed my password, phone number on two-step verification, and I am unable to log in with my password.  When I try to change it, it sends an email to me @sky.com , which I can't access and also a code to the unknown holder of the last 3 digits of a telephone number which does not belong to me.  The customer help said that unless I knew the whole telephone number that it has been changed to (which I don't because it has been hacked), my postcode (which despite having had the same one for several decades and the entirety of having my sky email, has now apparently been changed to somewhere where I don't live).  I no longer have the SKY account number which I used to have many years ago when I used SKY.  I have opened and closed my SKY account at various times over the years.  As a "hoarder" who usually keeps all paperwork, I am kicking myself for having had a clear out.  I am extremely concerned about GDPR - very personal information sent via SKY (medical/financial) over the approx 15 years that I have had the account.  I am currently racking my brain to remember who I will need to notify.  I frankly find it unacceptable that this has happened and I am going to take it further - if I can actually find out who to contact.  I was told by customer services to notify the police, which I did, and they informed me that there is nothing that they can do until fraudulent activity occurs in financial form or identity.  It's like locking the door when the horse has bolted.  If anyone at SKY can help me with this, I would be beyond grateful as my stress levels are through the roof!  It seems to me that SKY should be able to see when the information was changed, even as a starting point.  It also strikes me as strange that this occured around the time of the Yahoo outages, which makes me wonder if it is a system glitch?  Thanks for any help!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Eeyore hacking is rare. The usual way of getting access to your account is via a phishing email which takes you to a fake login page where you inadvertently give away your credentials.

For reasons of GDPR , Sky need to verify your identity before they can sort it out for you. That can be an issue when you no longer have an account with them. 

It's unlikely, but can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

This message was authored by Eeyore This message was authored by: Eeyore

Thanks for getting back to me @Mark39 .  I have no idea what I can do!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion