Discussion topic: Mobile update

This message was authored by steve1977 This message was authored by: steve1977

Mobile update

I can't access my email. It's trying to send me a code to my old number, how can i update my mobile number?

please help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Mobile update

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only way to do this if you have no access to your old phone number would be to turn this off.

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

Help can be found here on how to turn this off and/or change your number including using your online account manager to do this however I believe you would need access to the original number to do this:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

You will be sent a 6 digit code to use to turn this off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
steve1977
Topic Author
This message was authored by steve1977 This message was authored by: steve1977

My recovery cide will have been emailed, i can't log in to my emails.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you didn't make a separate note of your Recovery Code as Sky recommended, and have no access to your old mobile, you'll have to call. It may take a while to sort this out. 

See the bit in the box towards the bottom of the page, in the link @caesarome posted.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion