Discussion topic: Mailbox Suspended email

This message was authored by Roger+C-C This message was authored by: Roger+C-C

Mailbox Suspended email

I got an email from a sky.com email address that just mentions someones christian name  (with the heading of the email saying "Mailbox Suspended") saying my mailbox will be suspended soon because they can no longer find my usernameand password in our database. They say they are going through maintenance on their platform today & to click on the link to update my details. I'm almost certain it's a scam (and I've received several recently), but just need to be certain. Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Mailbox Suspended email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Roger+C-C  It's a scam email, Sky would never send emails asking you to follow links. There are no updates taking place that require user intervention

Mark as spam and delete.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Roger+C-C  It's a scam email, Sky would never send emails asking you to follow links. There are no updates taking place that require user intervention

Mark as spam and delete.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I agree if it contains a link, it's likely to be for a fake log in page designed to capture your login details. 

If you can log in via sky.com, there's no issue. Either use this link, or you can find the Yahoo Mail link yourself after logging in to sky.com, if you prefer: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

Roger+C-C
Topic Author
This message was authored by Roger+C-C This message was authored by: Roger+C-C

I thought so. Thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion