Discussion topic: Linking Sky Email to Outlook 365 on desktop

This message was authored by Gromit72 This message was authored by: Gromit72

Linking Sky Email to Outlook 365 on desktop

For years I have my sky email linked to Outlook 365 on my desktop PC - but recently that failed.
No I cannot reconnect or fix the link so that outlook downloads my emails from Sky.

I have tried to re-connect with a sky app password, and my email password - but both fail.

I have tried to set it up as a POP account and an IMAP accound, but cannot find which Sky/Yahoo email should be.

Has anyone got detailed instructions which work for setting this up, also which port numbers should I be using, is it 995/465 or 993/465.
Any help would be welcomed.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Linking Sky Email to Outlook 365 on desktop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky's help here explains what settings you need for Outlook 365: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/setting-up-yahoo-mail/articles/getting-started-with-sky...

You'll need to use an app password in place of your normal Sky Yahoo Mail login password. There's a link to the app password generator in the help above.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Linking Sky Email to Outlook 365 on desktop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gromit72 wrote:

Has anyone got detailed instructions which work for setting this up, also which port numbers should I be using, is it 995/465 or 993/465.

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion