Discussion topic: I changed my sky yahoo email but i can only log in with my old one

This message was authored by steve+croft This message was authored by: steve+croft

I changed my sky yahoo email but i can only log in with my old one

I changed my sky yahoo email pass word and it shows in My Account as being changed on that date. I also received an e mail confirming it has been changed but I can only log in with my old password. Why?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I changed my sky yahoo email but i can only log in with my old one

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Where did you change your Sky Yahoo Mail password?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@steve+croft wrote:

I changed my sky yahoo email pass word and it shows in My Account as being changed on that date.

Was this the link you used to change it @steve+croft :

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

And why did you change it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
steve+croft
Topic Author
This message was authored by steve+croft This message was authored by: steve+croft

I changed it for security reasons because there were emails in my spam folder purporting to be from my email address. Using my laptop I logged into my account and followed the link to change the password.

Try the link in @caesarome's post. Enter your Sky Yahoo Mail address as the username and click on Continue.

steve+croft
Topic Author

Tried the link, inserted my email address but got the message "Access denied" as I did not have permission.

Was that the link you used when you said this:

@steve+croft wrote:

I changed my sky yahoo email pass word and it shows in My Account as being changed on that date. I also received an e mail confirming it has been changed but I can only log in with my old password. Why?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
steve+croft
Topic Author

Thanks for your patience. I think it was, but not 100% sure.  I just tried it again and access is denied after putting in my email address.  The message also also refers to access being denied "on this server" (google chrome which is the one I always use for sky yahoo emails)

Are you using a VPN, if so try turning it off. If you are not using one then try using a different browser like Edge or Firefox.

steve+croft
Topic Author

Will do. Thanks

steve+croft
Topic Author

I don't use VPN. I logged in using different server (Firefox) when I clicked on change the password, again got the message page wasn't available.

Steve

steve+croft
Topic Author

I used the old password to successfully log in using Firefox despite my personal details showing it was changed in August

@steve+croft wrote:

I used the old password to successfully log in using Firefox despite my personal details showing it was changed in August

Where exactly are ypu seeing this? It doesn't sound as though you've changed it.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@steve+croft wrote:

I don't use VPN. I logged in using different server (Firefox) when I clicked on change the password, again got the message page wasn't available.

Steve

Chrome and Firefox are browsers, not servers. The server would be either the email server or the Sky server, depending on just where you are trying to sign in.

This is the link you should be using to change your email password:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email, it's the same link you would access if you were doing it from within your account.

If you are unable to use it, could you paste a screenshot of the error you are getting, obscuring any personal info.

Whatever password you have changed, it's obviously not the Sky ID/email password (they are the same), so could you show us just where you are changing it?

steve+croft
Topic Author

Thank you I will try that, as you can probably tell I am a complete techno ignoramus

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion