Discussion topic: Hacked email with 2-step verification we didnt set up

This message was authored by Chizzy72 This message was authored by: Chizzy72

Hacked email with 2-step verification we didnt set up

Apologies if this has been posted already, but i can't find it to see if any replies (so not sure if i even posted it 🙈). My son's sky email account was hacked today and the hackers not only changed the password, but added 2-step verification too (using/appearing to use a phone we don't own)! My son's tried changing passwords in load of his apps, but is struggling because majority want to send a password reset link to the email address he can't access! Managed to set up a rescue email address and unlock his sky account, but sky have told us they can't remove the 2-step verification it's down to yahoo (took us 90mins to get that far), then after speaking to yahoo tonite (further 40mins of waiting!) They said it was a sky issue - who should be helping rectify this fraud?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Hacked email with 2-step verification we didnt set up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't believe Yahoo can remove Sky's 2-step verification process. Pretty sure they use a different 2 step login process.

This message was authored by enough+is+enough This message was authored by: enough+is+enough

This has just happened to me and I am getting no support off sky.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@enough+is+enough wrote:

This has just happened to me and I am getting no support off sky.

Can you give us some details about what has happened and what Sky said?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion