Discussion topic: Emails being deleted/never arriving

MKel74
Topic Author
This message was authored by MKel74 This message was authored by: MKel74

Re: Emails being deleted/never arriving

I have logged a complaint with Sky and just had a call to book me in with a technician. So will let you know how I go.

MKel74
Topic Author

Thank you, I will do

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My email is going to my deleted box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MKel74 wrote:

I access them online, on the iphone mail app and also Outlook app. And they are not present in any of them, notlr any associated folders

Have you checked the online Spam folder via your browser? If they're  (wrongly) identified as spam, upfront, they may not be downloaded via Outlook or the Mail app.

MKel74
Topic Author

I have yes. 
I have read historically that yahoo has a known bug where emails disappear.

In  the initial response to my complaint to sky they said it is a known problem and they are working on it.

I said that I've had this issue for years, and would like it resolved. So then they escalated it. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MKel74 wrote:

In  the initial response to my complaint to sky they said it is a known problem and they are working on it.

I wouldn't count n anyone working on it because as you have said this is an issue that has been with Yahoo for years that is why I was give some series thought to setting up an email address somewhere else instead where issues like this are highly likely to not occur. Gmail by Google and Outlook.com by Microsoft are two such alternatives.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
MKel74
Topic Author

Thank you, yes agree re email addresses, just have years of accounts, contacts and authentication set up, would be alot of aggravation, so would rather not. But with the case of where I know the emails go awol they are now using my iCloud email, which works.

And I do feel as it is a known Yahoo issue for years, why have they not fixed it, as it will affect other users too?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MKel74 wrote:

And I do feel as it is a known Yahoo issue for years, why have they not fixed it, as it will affect other users too?

There are two issues at play here, firstly emails not arriving at all and the other which we are referring to is where emails that are in the inbox disappear.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome wrote:

@MKel74 wrote:

There are two issues at play here, firstly emails not arriving at all and the other which we are referring to is where emails that are in the inbox disappear.

I agree. There has been a recent issue with emails from some specific domains - Hotmail/Outlook being one, not being received. That issue has beens around for a few months.

Random deletion of emails from the Inbox, or less frequently from another folder has been around for years.

MKel74
Topic Author

Yes, and usually from the same email address.

used to be I may see them pop

up and disappear, now they just never seem to appear

MKel74
Topic Author

Thank you very much. I found the most recent one in there. I'm not sure about the ones from way back, but this is a great start! Thank you. 

MKel74
Topic Author

Not yet. The technical team have contacted me and trying to resolve it. Had a call with them on sunday morning trying to assist and have had to refer it to another department. Supposed to be getting a call back today. 
They said can only restore back 7 days.

I think it is a much bigger ongoing issue with Yahoo. 

@MKel74 you can use Yahoo's recovery process  here to restore deleted/lost emails: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion