Discussion topic: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Re: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

Mine is working fine again now  but there are ongoing issues with yahoo email

It seems to work better in Microsoft Edge then Google Chrome but Sky do not give a hoot.

This message was authored by JJLondon This message was authored by: JJLondon

I've been getting the same issue for the last 3 weeks.. Every time I try to sign into my emails i get the same screen, "Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky."

Very long winded process after this to get to my email screen..  

What is causing this issue?!!!!!

I have only had it for the last 2 days but apparently its been an ongoing issue with yahoo for a while.I dont know why Sky dont change to Gmail.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oddie2004 wrote:

I have only had it for the last 2 days but apparently its been an ongoing issue with yahoo for a while.I dont know why Sky dont change to Gmail.

Highly unlikely, I'm afraid. Gmail was Sky's email provider before Yahoo. Presumably Sky had a reason for switching - probably cost.

I have emailed Customer Priority Team for an explanation.

This message was authored by Kymmy120680 This message was authored by: Kymmy120680

I've had this on and off now for a month, only way  I have managed to get round it is to clear your search history then it works, but only for two or three times, then go clear your search history again, they need to fix this.

This message was authored by sharmer This message was authored by: sharmer

I've been trying to access my Sky Yahoo emails on my mobile phone while away in France and have got the same error everyone else has mentioned "you can no longer create a new email account via Sky, this area is temporarily unavailable" - so I messaged Sky on X and they have suggested that it is a problem with the local wifi (so that's the hotel in Paris, Eurostar, the hotel in London, GWR and every other wifi I've used while I've been away).  But previously this hasn't been a problem when I've travelled so I don't understand why it now is a problem.   Still hoping that Sky will come up with an explanation that makes sense, and a workround so that I can continue to read my Sky Yahoo emails when I'm away from home.

IanP
Topic Author
This message was authored by IanP This message was authored by: IanP

If you also have a Sky email address open that on Sky.com first and then open the "add/manage another email address icon" and enter your "Yahoo" details and that should let you in. Failing that ring Sky and they should be able to talk you through it. Good luck.

This message was authored by Bobfoth This message was authored by: Bobfoth

Again someone trying to help..... This is not helpful Ian!  Please read all the other mails associated with this problem....Sky/Yahoo have obviously done some kind of update which has clearly messed the system up. If they wanted to solve the problem then they could just dial back to the previous setup.

Everything tried works for a short time only. The superusers/sky advocates should be putting presssure on sky to get things changed and not prolong the problem by getting the customers to spend time altering their systems and doing an incredible journey round the internet just to log into an email account

IanP
Topic Author
This message was authored by IanP This message was authored by: IanP

Hi Bob, just trying to offer my 2 peneth worth of experience but all I can say that is that the solution worked for me and has been spot on since 05/10/23 👌🤞. Just hope it works for others in the same boat.

This message was authored by Bobfoth This message was authored by: Bobfoth

Best I had was 1 week....I thought sky had listened but problem came back and I've had it ever since. Thinking of ditching sky altogether to be quite honest. Works with Edge for a couple of attempts also chrome and finally vivaldi...only good for a couple of sign-ins each.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Bobfoth wrote:

Thinking of ditching sky altogether to be quite honest.

Good idea, Gmail works fine without any such issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Bobfoth wrote:

Sky/Yahoo have obviously done some kind of update which has clearly messed the system up. If they wanted to solve the problem then they could just dial back to the previous setup.

Everything tried works for a short time only. The superusers/sky advocates should be putting presssure on sky to get things changed...

That would seem unlikely as nothing has changed from my perspective, and presumably most other Sky Yahoo Mail users. Superusers are in no better position than any other customer to put pressure on Sky. Have you reported it to them? What did they suggest?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Bobfoth wrote:

Again someone trying to help..... This is not helpful Ian!  -Snip-. The superusers/sky advocates should be putting presssure on sky to get things changed

The superusers have no more sway with Sky than do you. And @IanP is only offering his advice that has worked for him.

I have seen the problem that is described here, but it only occurs on logging in on the web, and using the "work arounds" described here does seem to work (temporarily), but what is the root cause I have no idea.

It may be something Sky has changed, but as they don't appear to acknowledge the problem, it may be a while before we get a resolution.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion