Discussion topic: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

This message was authored by AudreyMcLellan This message was authored by: AudreyMcLellan

Can’t access emails

This is the error message both my husband and I a getting when trying to access emails:

Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky.

This area is temporarily unavailable.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

This message was authored by Carriemumford This message was authored by: Carriemumford

Re: Emails

Yes this is the same message I'm getting? 

This message was authored by Carriemumford This message was authored by: Carriemumford

Re: I can’t log into my sky email account

IMG_3717.png

This message was authored by Bobfoth This message was authored by: Bobfoth

Re: Cannot gain access to Yahoo email account

All depends on your system....so far I counted over 50 people with same message coming up and they are the ones who have posted. You can probably multiply that by at least a factor of 10.....This is not down to just 1 customer but a major problem.

This message was authored by David572 This message was authored by: David572

Pirate+Paul's post on p.4 of this thread does provide an answer I think. I delayed posting this as some of the solutions I've tried had only a temporary effect. But I reset my password, as suggested by Pirate+Paul, about 8 hours ago and I've been able to access Sky Yahoo Mail ever since, without getting the offending message.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi All

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Can I ask if you are still having issues?  If so, can you please navigate back to sky.com to try again and provide us with some further information please?

Date and Time stamp of when you tried again:

Exact error code:

URL:

Was the website accessed via Favourite/Bookmark?:

Browser type:

Thanks in advance 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by David572 This message was authored by: David572

Goodness, I thought this was solved but the same thing has now started happening to me again. 

I know it went away but it has now started happening again with same messages.....what on earth is going on at sky/yahoo?

This message was authored by mcmp59 This message was authored by: mcmp59

Yes and to me too. Wsih they would sort it out!!

This message was authored by mcmp59 This message was authored by: mcmp59

Both times this has happened I have cleared my browser cache (cookies, history, stored pages etc) and it has then worked as it did before.

Done that before but it is only a temporary solution...less than 24 hours for me.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does this link work:

https://www.sky.com/signin/email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by thebrighton This message was authored by: thebrighton

Obviously Sky didn't manage to fix the problem as I'm back to square one. At least theu temporarily fixed it unlike the issues getting into Netflix. Months!

This message was authored by Dantheman80 This message was authored by: Dantheman80

This has just started with me today too. I've not had an issue previously

It's doing it on Android via Chrome and through Chrome on a Windows 11 laptop as well as with the local installed version of MS Outlook on the laptop, however it seems to work with the Edge browser.

I work in IT , this is fault with Sky and/or Yahoo . It looks like it's being caused by the two factor authentication process, as that's what it is usually launched instead we are met with the message

"Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky.

We no longer offer this service."

I have 1000's of emails I am not able to access properly, this is not acceptable.  

This is clearly affecting 1000's of customers and as such should be treated as a P1 immediately.

Thanks

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dantheman80 only Sky would know how many people are affected by this. I don't imagine the handful reporting it here is representative. Have you tried the log in link provided earlier in the thread? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion