Discussion topic: Cannot download emails and others encrypted

This message was authored by SheelaghD This message was authored by: SheelaghD

Cannot download emails and others encrypted

I use Windows 10 Mail.  Sky email address.  Some of my emails will not download.  I get the name of the sender, but a heading to click to download messages.  This does not work.  Line going along the top for ages and nothing happens.  Secondly - some emails come in encrypted form - even from places like PayPal,  The last one was just line after line with =20 but no text.  Other times, the occasional line of text, but row upon row of encryption.  Help please?  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Cannot download emails and others encrypted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's a problem reported before specifically with Windows Mail, I'm afraid. Until Microsoft fix it, try another email app such as, Thunderbird, or log in using your browser via sky.com.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

It's a problem reported before specifically with Windows Mail, I'm afraid. Until Microsoft fix it, try another email app such as, Thunderbird, or log in using your browser via sky.com.

SheelaghD
Topic Author

Thank you for the reply.  It's very annoying.  I will try other methods, although I opened my sky.com email on Outlook in 365 and it hasn't transferred all the emails with it.  I'll just go online in the meantime - although it works fine on my Samsung android.  I found I could send it to my gmail account and it worked.  Bit of a long way round though.  Thanks again. 

This message was authored by CokeLewis This message was authored by: CokeLewis

Exactly the issue I'm having, not with all emails just some. All emails arrive in perfect order on my SAMSUNG Galaxy just not my Sky.

Thank you @Mark93  &  @SheelaghD SheelaghD

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@CokeLewis how are you logging in? Are you using an app? If so, which one? Windows Mail? Or are you logging in via Sky.com using your browser?

SheelaghD
Topic Author

Hello.  I am logging in using Windows Mail (now on Windows 11 as I hoped it might work properly, but it doesn't).  I find it easier than logging on through Sky.com - for ease of use.  Logging on to Sky means signing in every single time, despite saying "Remember me" - it doesnt.  The emails work fine through my Mail App and sometimes, for important stuff, I forward to my partner, who then sends it back to me and it sometimes works, sometimes not.  I find it very frustrating.  It's not all emails, just some.  

@SheelaghD there's a known problem with Windows Mail, I'm afraid, where emails aren't displayed properly - just a bunch of random, numbers and letters. You might want to try another app until/if Microsoft ever get round to fixing it.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SheelaghD 

Install the Outlook app and use these settings:

Select either "Other" or "Not Yahoo" then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

I am using my Sky account as I have 2 accounts, Gmail and my sky.com (Yahoo). Sky is my primrary but accounts are linked and work without issue on my Android phone. Further issue inow is that emails arrive with attachmets ch show and open on my phone (Yahoo account) but not on my desk top, same account.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@CokeLewis 

How are you viewing your emails on the desktop? Browser or app/client?

@Mark39 wrote:

@CokeLewis how are you logging in? Are you using an app? If so, which one? Windows Mail? Or are you logging in via Sky.com using your browser?

Hi jayach, not realy sure. New computer and it virtualy set itself up all I had to do was provide information. Now I turn it on go to the email icon and go to emails. This issue started about 3 months ago before that all was fine.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@CokeLewis 

Sounds like you are using Windows 10/11 Mail, same as the OP.

That seems to be having a lot of problems lately. On my Windows 10 laptop it seems to work fine, but on my Windows 11 one it just seem to bring down the occasional email, and I can't figure out why.

It's not a problem for me as I prefer to use Outlook, but as I can't fix mine, I can't really help with yours. ☹️

My only suggestion is to view your emails in a browser. Just use this link and sign in.

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

SheelaghD
Topic Author

@Mark39  - I am using Windows Mail (Windows 11).  If I sign in on my phone on the Mail App, it works fine.  If I sign in on the computer, it is sometimes perfectly normal and other times just script.  I really don't want the hassle of having to sign in to Sky and using the mail there all the time, it's a nuisance.  

SheelaghD
Topic Author

@CokeLewis  Thanks for your reply.  Yes it's on Windows 11 Mail.  I tried using Outlook for a while, but I'm having the same problem.  It works fine on the Mail App on my phone!! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion