Discussion topic: two internet plans in the same house

This message was authored by fab01 This message was authored by: fab01

two internet plans in the same house

Hello, I rent a room in a house that already has a sky internet plan, but not the amount I would like, because I like playing games. So would it be possible for me to purchase another internet plan from Sky, but a bigger one, even though already have one in this house? (Note: I already use Virgin Media but it's at the end of contract and I want to change, I would just like to know if it's possible to have two plans for the same internet in the same house)

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: two internet plans in the same house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fab01 wrote:

I would just like to know if it's possible to have two plans for the same internet in the same house)

It's possible to have two Openreach internet services at one address, but typically not from the same ISP.

When placing an order it's crucial to make sure the second ISP understands they are to supply an additional service on a new data circuit otherwise they'll carry out a default 'switch' and the existing ISP subscription will cease.

There needs to be either a second copper phone line and master socket installed (for FTTC) or a separate ONT connected to a spare optical strand (for FTTP) to permit such an arrangement.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: two internet plans in the same house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fab01 

As you're renting, you'd need consent from the property owner for drilling and equipment installation.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion