Discussion topic: smart devices 2.4GHz / 5GHz

This message was authored by Simon132 This message was authored by: Simon132

smart devices 2.4GHz / 5GHz

Hello

I recently bought a Wiz 2 smart bulb.  once a day it stops working from my phone and goes offline.  It needs 2.4GHz and I understand my sky router operates at both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz.  Should I split the bands out as per guidance (as an aside, when I try to log into the sky router via http://192.168.0.1/sky_index.html the password times out.

I got two Blink security cameras as well.. first one went on OK but the second one wouldn't connect until I'd reset the router, now seems to be OK even though Blink also needs 2.4GHz.  thanks!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: smart devices 2.4GHz / 5GHz

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon132 where smart devices are misbehaving then splitting the wifi bands is worth trying see Split Sky WiFi bands

However it doesnt always work as the 2.4GHz band these devices use is prone to interference as there is in practice room for only 3 or 4 networks in range before you get issues. You may need some form of booster if the devices simply are not getting sufficent signal.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion