Discussion topic: is there a way to add information for an engineer visit?

This message was authored by Deadly3000 This message was authored by: Deadly3000

is there a way to add information for an engineer visit?

Basically speed has dropped significantly and a engineer has been schedueled to visit but........ it was said that wifi is the problem ...... which is confusing considering that wifi isn't used as much and wifi was not in use when the speed had been dropped...... it is like it had been configured wrong and i have now gone back to average speed broadband.

syslog: TR69: Close ACS Connection
 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
 syslog: Lease renewed 3600

When previously throughout another log it was different ....

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: is there a way to add information for an engineer visit?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deadly3000 

A log file reference to '3600' is typically a one hour timespan expressed in seconds (60 minutes x60) and unrelated to speed 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Deadly3000
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deadly3000 This message was authored by: Deadly3000

this is lease 3600. rather than uplink 1000 which is the usual  message  when the re-connection happens.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Deadly3000 

A log file reference to '3600' is typically a one hour timespan expressed in seconds (60 minutes x60) and unrelated to speed 

Deadly3000
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood  even though this makes sense, today the speeds have been majorly improved, the part i posted was not related to it but .... if there was maintenance happening it is annoying that there is no notification of such as 40mbps is a big difference from 900mbps.
hopefully it will continue to improve now, i get it will differ in different times of the day but if it improves to where it should be then i guess the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your quick responses to my posts.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Deadly3000 

Unfortunately it's unrealistic to expect notification of maintenance or other network configuration on a domestic broadband service which may cause disruption: that's really the preserve of much more expensive business-grade provision.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion