Discussion topic: internet keeps dropping

This message was authored by annwhite140 This message was authored by: annwhite140

internet keeps dropping

my internet keeps dropping out with the internet light going orange. its been happening for about a week or two now, an engineer has been out and changed the openreach filter being changed and so have the wires. but its still dropping out

https://i.imgur.com/bPMVJLH.png < router stats

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: internet keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@annwhite140 it is difficult to see if your line has a fault as you are on a 35Mb/s service but your line can handle far faster.traffic so the noise margin, the usual indication of faults, is artificially high.

Run the connection test in the My Sky app to see if that finds a fault if as I suspect it doesn't call Sky and report the issue. Their diagnostics should show the number of line drops and wherher they are at a level thst Openreach will investigate. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion